12

"What is this doing in your box?"

"It is mine, so naturally it will be in my box." she grabbed it from Arsalans hand.

"A plain silver earring is yours?"

"That is a family heirloom. Anyway, why am I talking to you?"

Arsalan didn't reply, just watching Ayath as she closed her box and tidied up the place, and left in a hurry. Arsalan was thunderstruck by what he saw. He opened the chest again and took the earring. He looked at it carefully. It was no doubt the same pair of earrings. He was a fool not to believe Ayath before, but not anymore. He looked at the earring carefully and definitely it was the same one that he had. He couldn't believe his stars. Even if Ayath was not the girl, it did not matter to him because he had already developed feelings for her. Now realizing Ayath was the same girl who wished to be his life partner was overwhelming. He was kissing his ear and laughing about all the foolish things he had done since he got married.

I would have had a perfect start, but all thanks to that, Abasi's foolish advice of honesty. Ayath is so far away from me. I do not even know what I should do. Laugh because my wife is my dream girl or cry that I missed so many beautiful moments with her.

He recalled the night when he first met Ayath.

Ayat was going towards Seher along with her grandparents and after their tiff with prince Qasim, they left in a hurry. They usually start early and rest in a safe place or village at night. Given the situation, Jalaluddin(Ayath's Granddad) rushed on their way.

"Ayath, you should have kept quiet, my child."

"Keep quiet and let that boar assault me."

"Look, it is already dark and we have not yet found a suitable place."

"Why don't we stay at the traveller's lounge?"

"These places are usually not safe, Ayath, and this area is prone to bandit attacks."

"Jalal, that's why I said not to let her accompany us" her grandmother complained.

"Look, there is a cabin nearby. We can rest there" Ayath pointed, looking at the map.

Wooden sheds were built along the way for travellers in need of an emergency. (does anyone remember Nur and Fakhrs' cabin?)

"We do not have any option. Even our horses need rest", Jalal replied.

As they were discussing things, they heard noises from nearby.

"Looks like something is going on" one of their accompanying soldiers replied.

"Basith have a look", Jalal ordered.

Arsalan was carrying gifts on behalf of Salahuddin to one of the neighbouring kingdoms and was attacked by robbers.

Before Basith returned, an arrow flew and hit Ayath's carriage, shattering the glass.

"Gramma grandfather duck, she shouted"

Before Jalal could stop her, she was out with her bow and arrow and torch.

Arsalan was surrounded by men and was being attacked from all sides. The light from the torches was visible. Ayath saw the official emblem on Arsalan's clothing. Someone was behind Arsalan's back and was about to stab him.

Arsalans pov

I do not know who informed these robbers. This was a secret mission. I will fight till my last breath. I think I cannot escape today without an injury.