1

" Abasi, why can't you stay till my wedding?" Arsalaan wanted Abasi to stay for his wedding.

"You know me I wanted to stay but my mother has called me urgently. I know she would not call me back if it was not urgent."

Arsalaan sighed and kept quiet.

" Why are you so sad Arsalaan? Ayath is a very good girl, she is perfect for you". 

Arsalaan was holding a silver drop earring in his hand. 

"Arsalan are you still thinking about that girl?"

"I do not know Abasi"

"Arsalan if that girl was meant for you then you would have found her. You do not even know what she looks like?"

"She was fierce a brave girl. Not a princess with tantrums"

"What if that girl was ugly? do not waste your time thinking about the impossible. You are lucky king Fakhruddin chose you and if you really do not want to marry Ayath just go and break the alliance"

"Yes! break my mother's heart. I saw happiness in her eyes for the first time. She adores Ayath. I will my hundred per cent to this relation"

Arsalan met Seher on a few occasions, He saw how she run her palace ordering maids around and thought Ayath will be similar to her.  He was worried that she won't be able to adjust to his moderate lifestyle.

"Abasi, I doubt that my would-be wife can live a humble life with me?"

"If you want this marriage to work, then accept her wholeheartedly. give her a chance. Look at my sister in law Seher, She was so down to earth and put up with my hotheaded brother. I thought she would never forgive my brother but look she forgave him"

"Hmm" Arsalaan whispered. That silver earring was still in his hand.

" Arsalaan, Shahzain, said that there should be no secret between man and his wife. I suggest that you tell Ayath everything about your crush and what you would expect from her. Why don't you meet her once? you do not know what she looks like?"

"Ayath is a princess and can not be like this tribal girl. I am sure she is beautiful just like her mother. Nothing will change if I meet her. I will see her on our wedding day."  he looked at the earring. The earring was not expensive, they looked like made by local tribal people.

Whoever you were I wish you happiness. you will always be my first love. I will try to forget you. Arsalaan kept the earrings in his wardrobe.

*************************************************************************************

Imaan's happiness knew no bounds her only son was getting married to the daughter of famous king Fakhruddin. She was not attracted by his wealth but by his mannerism. He chose her son over the famous princes who wanted to marry his daughter. Imaan saw Ayath twice and in the first meeting itself, she was impressed with her. The girl who she wished was her daughter was becoming her daughter in law.

Nobody knew who Fakhruddin's daughters were, they were hidden from the public eye. They grew up in the mountains like tribal people. It was only when Fakhruddin's sons took over they moved to the mainlands and expanded their territories but still, Fakhr lived in mountains. Fakhruddin ran many training camps for young aspiring boys to learn the warfare. They were then selected for higher positions in the army according to their ability. Those who wanted to leave were welcomed there was no force. The only requirement was to sign the oath of loyalty. If they were ever found betraying the kingdom they would be beheaded without any mercy.

Imaan was the poor wife of a powerful Arab king but circumstances led her to raise her only son in poverty. she worked hard to raise her son. She was a very strict mother, When Arsalan was 13 she heard about King Fakhruddin's training camps she wanted her son to enrol there and learn warfare.

Years back Someone once insulted her saying that A union of a fine horse and a donkey could only result in a mule. That was an indication that she who was from a poor family was a donkey and her husband from a royal family, a fine horse. She wanted to prove that she gave birth to a lion.

She saved money for days without eating proper meals just to travel to King Fakhruddin's main training camp. Arsalan was an obedient son but at the same time did not want to leave his mother. Fakhruddin who was dressed as a commoner heard the mother and son's interaction and was impressed by Arsalan and Imaan. He offered Imaan financial assistance but she straight away refused to say she is not a charity case and that the blood which runs in her son's body is because of her hard work.

Fakhruddin then offered Arsalan a place in his camp only if Imaan took the role of a caretaker in one of his orphanages for girls. Imaan accepted the offer. Arsalan's worries flew out of the window and he focused on the training. Fakhruddin was observing this young man closely and soon placed him in training along with his sons. There Shuja befriended him and they became best friends. Later Fakhruddin offered Arsalan to join his army but Arsalan refused his aim was different. He wanted to conquer his father's land and defeat him on his own soil. Fakhruddin never objected to it.

**********************************************************************************************

Fakhruddin's house was filled with laughter and happiness. Today was Ayath's wedding day. Arslaan's mother brought her the wedding dress. She was embarrassed after seeing the wedding dresses made by Nur and Fakhr. Ayath's sensed her mother inlaw's uneasiness.

"Aunty, this is the type of dress I imagined myself wearing as a bride"

"I know you are saying it to keep my heart, I wouldn't mind if you chose to wear the dress made by your parents"

"These dresses are my sister's choice, she like being dressed up. May God bless her more. These are not the things I prefer, I am a more traditional person like my Baba. I love each and everything you brought me"

"Imaan, Ayath always prefer simple things. She prefers jewellery from the local market over royal jewellers."Nur Jahan added.

"Ayath has refused to take these dresses with her. " She elaborated.

Imaan was smiling with happiness. Ayath never let her down and she deep down knew that she was perfect for Arsalaan. She kissed Ayath's head.

"Trust me Nur, Ayath will be my daughter not daughter in law".

The wedding was done and soon Ayath travelled back to the Arsalaans tribe now her tribe. The whole journey both bride and groom kept quiet. Ayath was first time sitting with the veil on. Arsalaan was not very much interested in looking at Ayath's face

It was evening when they reached their place. Imaan saw Arsalaan. sitting without going to his room.

"Arsalaan., I dont want ay complain from Ayath. Treat her with love and respect." Arsalaan just nodded and entered his room.