4

"I am angry with you Dilara you did not come for the wedding." Imaan hugged Dilara and Ayath was stunned.

Here she thought that Dilara was Arsalan's lover. There was something in Dilara's eyes that bothered Ayath. She definitely loved Arsalan like a woman loves her man, Like Seher loves Shahzain

Imaan introduced Dilara to Ayath  "Ayath, this is Dilara. I have known her parents since Arsalan was born. She is just like Arsalan's  sister."

Dilara choked. Arsalan patted her back. "I know the food is good but you shouldn't rush Dil"

Definitely, she is his lover, Ayath thought looking at his concern and care towards Dilara. Ayath lost her appetite. 

Why should I witness all this? I didn't ask for this marriage? Ayath was angry. This pervert should have had the courage to fight for his love.  A coward.

"Ayath, you are very beautiful. I am sure that is why Arsalan  chose to marry you." Dilara turned towards Arsalan who just kept quiet.

"I chose Ayath to be my daughter, Arsalan did not get to see her before marriage" Imaan replied.

"Really!" Dilara was surprised. 

Later when everyone finished breakfast Ayath was helping Dilara stopped Ayath.

"I am doing this for years, you don't worry"  It was a simple sentence but Ayath did not like the way.

"My mother was alone and accepted help but now when I am here to help her" Ayath replied bluntly. The thing was Dilara considered  Arsalan as her brother and sensed something was not right between them. She smiled looking at a possessive Ayath.

"Aunty, now I do not have to worry about you being alone" Dil smiled at Imaan.

"Arsalan, come I have to talk to you about something important" Dilara gestured to Arsalan to follow her. He followed her outside.

"Tell me Arsalan what is going on between you and Ayat?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Come on! you can not hide things from me. This is not how newly wedded husband and wife behave"

"I told you before you these princesses have their tantrums.  I have to bear that, my bad luck"

"I know very well, who is a spoiled prince"

"I did not do anything wrong, I was honest with her and she did not like it and is disrespecting me since last night"

"Are you insane, you told your wife about some mysterious girl who you were infatuated with. I am surprised that she  did not kick you"

"Well she gave me a threat that she will break this marriage soon," Arsalan said quietly.

"idiot! she likes you, I can see that in her eyes. Mend things. I heard that one of the kings pleaded to the mountain king for her hand for his son. You are lucky that she chose you"

"What do you mean. She chose me?"

"Shuja informed me that King Fakhruddin asked her to choose among all the suitors and she chose you"

Arsalaan smiled hearing this." I will see if she really likes me or not?"  he smirked.

"Don't do anything foolish now, You already have done enough damage, Do not forget she is queen Nur Jahan's daughter."

"Dil, you don't know her. She and her sister are completely opposite to fierce queen Nur Jahan.  They are just like scared lambs, they cry but in the end, remain loyal to their husbands.

You know this morning she screamed looking at a lizard in the bathroom and covered it saying water was cold".

"Arsalan, you are being very overconfident, and what about that mysterious girl who you fell in love with?"

"She was mysterious let her remain a mystery. Ayath is my wife"

"Fool" Dilara murmured walking inside.

"Wait Dil, please do not tell Ayath about our relation"

"What do you mean? Arsalan, you have gone crazy and I will never lie"

"I am not lying just keep quiet. Please"

"OK," Dilara replied.

"Dil, you are the best" Arasalan shouted which was heard by Ayath. 

***********************************************************************************

Their reception was being held in a week's time. Ayath decided to keep her mouth shut and speak to her father later about the dissolution of this union.  Her family was coming the following morning.

 Ayath avoided Arsalan-like plaque. She had minimal conversation with him, even at the night, she slept on her side of the bed silently. Arsalaan tried provoking her but Ayath was silent. He did not like her silent behaviour. He did not have time for these matters and he wanted to solve things with Ayath. he held her hand and stopped her.

"Ayath, look Dilara and me..." 

"stop it, lover boy, I am not interested in your love life"

"Look, you have to listen to me. we have to sort this misunderstanding"

 "You are a coward. you want to clear the misunderstanding now after a week because you are afraid of my father."

"you never gave me a chance to explain things.."

"You are a clever fox but I am no fool......."

Arsalan did not like her accusations. She was not giving him any chance to explain. He wanted her to stop ranting he did what came to his mind. He held her arm and pushed her to the wall and lowered his head placing his lips on her shaking lips.

Ayath was beyond shock. she did not realize what was happening, a few moments back she was shouting at him and now she was in his embrace. Her eyes were wide open Arsalan traced the seam of her lips coaxing her to open her mouth. the frustration of sleeping next to her came out. She opened her mouth in shock giving Arsalan the access he wanted. his tongue moved in and out of her mouth.  Aytah was not aware of these new feelings, her body was on fire. She held his collar to push him but involuntarily pulled him closer.

Arsalan wanted to punish her for driving him insane with desire. he kissed her long and hard. he kissed her like a man searching for water in the desert and fulfilling his thirst when he found the sweet oasis. 

"What the hell!" Shuja's shrill voice interrupted them. he quickly detached himself from Ayath. who ran away from the room.

"This the worst scene I have seen" Shuja was embarrassed.

"You don't have the manners to knock on the door?" Arsalan replied in anger.

"Door should be locked to knock. Seeing my baby sister and you were equally embarrassing for me "

Imaan's little house was filled with people and laughter.  Nur Jahan and all her family were in her house. Imaan was embarrassed when Salahuddin was looking for a place to sit down.

"Sultan, Please sit here "she offered him her place.

"Aunty when my sister is your daughter then I am like your sons and  a son's place is near his mother's feet."

Salahuddin sat down on the floor signalling his brothers to join him.

"How are you Ayath?" Fakhruddin asked his daughter.

Ayath was lost thinking about the kiss. she was still trying to calm her breathing. 

"Ayath" Noor called.

"Hunh, Ummi" she ran to her mother and hugged her. Imaan left the room giving Ayath some privacy with her family.

"Baba, I want to come back with you?"

"what happened Ayath?" Salahuddin stood next to her sister.

"is this house too small"

"Abi, Arsalan doesn't love me "

"What" Fakhruddin was stunned.

"he loves Dilara"