chapter 1

She opened her eyes as she stared at the ceiling, waiting for her eyes to refocus once again. She was awakened by the extensive roars of the thunder, which had been lingering outside for some time. She sat up while brushing a few loose strands of her light brown hair out of her face as she turned to the window.
"It's storming again....."
she uttered in displeasure,
Gracie hated storms, the unpleasant sound of thunder that could rattled every bone in one's body was so incredibly despised by one little lady...
Despite hating thunder and lightning she loved the rain, she loved it when it were just light showers, the aroma of rain was delightful and the scenery of a clouded over sky, how could somebody not love such circumstances.
Withdrawing her eyes from the window she slipped out of bed and started for her closet, eyeing the polo she frequently wore, that currently had a small stain on it that she was unable to remove. That stain came from.... The last time she were waitress at baba gorl's café..

~~~~~~~~ • later • ~~~~~~~~~~~~

—————-
*gracie pov*
—————-

"Sorry! Im late!" I barged through the door throwing on my apron then rushing over to go wash my hands.

"Lucky boss wasn't here today, remember that nasty glare she gave you last time you were late hahaha"
My coworker, Angela mentions.

"OH I REMEMBER THAT! You ended up tripping and spilling hot coffee all over her white button up that day too!"
Kaylen, another coworker says while happily walking over to me.
I regretted to think about it, but after that boss didn't come near me for weeks if I had a drink in hand ehe...

"Are you waitress today Kaylen?"

"Nope! Last time I checked I think you were down for waitress today!"

"Whaaaattttt? Nooooooooo..."  I said as I slumped over

"Ahh stop sulking! You'll do great today!!" She slapped my back with the tone of encouragement in her voice.

"Thaaannnkkkssss.."

——————-— |  L a t e r | —————————

"Thank you ma'am I'll have your chai tea latte right out!" I say as I start toward the counter

*" man it's really coming down out there..."*
I thought, listening to the sounds of the rain pelleting the roof

While handing off the order I hear the front door bell jingle
*"awhh greaaaattt"*
"man how many people could be out right now it's practically a hurricane-" I mutter.

*" well might as well get this over with..."*

"Hiii ❤︎︎ welcome to BaBa Gorl's Café! how are you doing today?" I greet the man who had just sat down.

"Umm, swell Ehe.."

I looked at him listing to his unsure words, I then noticed that he was drenched in water, man... what some people would do for coffee....

I looked stunned at him and his soaking wet self, not saying a word.

"Uh Ehe your probably wondering why I am... wettttt..."

I nod

"Well I left my house this morning and was greeted by an oddly sexy tornado, then I kissed it, then it ate me-
After being inside of that tornado for a while I was reaaaalllllyyyy turned on so the tornado got in my car and drove me to Venice and then told me that this was its favorite coffee place of all time. I told the tornado that I needed to try this place then but it wouldn't let me go, it said exactly this "No BaBy YoU hAvE tO sTaY wItH mE uNtIl I dIe" so that's exactly what I did. I stayed with it until the end of its days and that wasn't the best idea.. it ended up fizzling out when it hit the abyss of the plastic baby pool water in some old man's back yard.
Which ended up getting me more wet than the heavy rainfall on the walk back here-"

"Ohh.... Wow.. that's crazy" I respond

"I know right? I never thought i'd get so far from a tornado!" He says.

"Ehe.." I Laugh awkwardly thinking of a way to change the topic so I could get his order

"What would you like to drink today sir?" I said

"Aw" he 'grabbed' his heart. "You don't have to call me sir just call me Harry ❤︎︎ "

"Oh, ok Harry. What would you like today?" As I awkwardly smile

"Umm, Do you guys have sushi rolls?"

"Nooooo we don't.. we have coffee, teas, and some types of cake."

"Hmm well then, I would like to have whatever your favorite tea, coffee, and cake is!"

"Oh, all three?"

"Yes please!.... Gracie!" He said while looking at my name tag.

"Alrighty i will have that right out!"

"Thank you.. BaBa Gorl ❤︎︎ " he says as he winks at me.

I awkwardly turned and hurried back behind the counter.

To be continued...