3.

I opened my eyes after a good amount of sleep. I haven't slept like that in ages.
I took my time and slowly sat up straight.

After I stretched myself, I decided to unplug the charger on my phone, that I accidentally left in over night.
I know it's not good, but I was still happy about the 100%.

I took my eyes off my battery level when I noticed the time.

08:34 am

What?!

Why didn't my mom wake me? She probably slept in too. I hurried to her bedroom, but she wasn't there.

What the hell?

I tried not to worry too much about that and instead focused on getting ready.

I hate being late. Especially entering the classroom, it's the most embarrassing thing ever.

---

I finally arrived at school and rushed through the hallways.

Once I reached my classroom door, I hesitated.

I know I have to open this door now and turn all the attention to me. And after that, I have to apologize and walk awkwardly to my seat.
And to make it worse, I probably have to tell why I'm late.

Without thinking too much, I shook my head and opened the door.

"I'm  sorry for being late.", I started.

Everyone turned their heads to the door, where I was still standing. Some of them started whispering something to each other.

"Could you tell me why you're so late?", my teacher asked.

I don't like her. No one does.

"Um.", I started fidgeting with my T-Shirt.

"My mom didn't wake me?", I answered unsure.

Everyone started laughing and I felt all their eyes on me.

One of those eyes were Sarah's.

"It's not even funny guys, you're all so childish.", she stood up.

And that's one of many reasons why I  love her so much.

I walked to my seat and quickly sat down.
I looked around the room, seeing all the laughing faces.
If I could, I would sink into the ground and stay there for a decade.

By now it shouldn't be funny anymore, but I guess they're sense of humor is just trash.

"Guys, enough!", my teacher finally yelled over those annoying voices.

She continued with her lesson after everyone went quiet.

I hate this school.

---

It was finally lunch break and I gathered all the courage to ask Aiden for his number.

I need this good grade, I would even kill for it. (not actually tho)

I know where he probably is, because he is always spending his break in front of our school gym with his friends.

Sarah and I already saw him from afar. I started getting nervous.

"You got this! You just need to ask him one question. It's like a band aid, you're just gonna rip it off really fast."

"What?", I laughed out loud.

But soon my laugh disappeared when we got closer.

He already spotted us and all my chances of running away have officially been ruined now.

"Hey.", I said, my voice being surprisingly steady.

No one of them answered, but I tried to pretend that I'm not intimidated by them.

"Ok? I'll just make it quick. I need your number, not because I want it, but because I need it, so we can make up a day where we meet up for a study... thing."

I kinda feel proud of myself, not gonna lie.

"No."

What?

This time I was the one who didn't say anything.

"You're just coming to me after school and then we can have our study thing.", he mocked me.

"I don't know where you live.", I argued while crossing my arms.

"Of course you don't, dumbass. You're coming with me."

That's even worse.

"Since you don't have anything clever to say, you can leave. We'll meet up here after school and you should probably let your mom know where you'll be going after school."

He's such an asshole.

All of his friends started laughing, so we just left.

"I mean, it wasn't that bad...", Sarah started.

---