1.

How long am I supposed to wait?

I took a quick look at the watch that was hanging over the principals desk.

I was already 15 minutes here.

I'm currently waiting for him, because one of my teachers sent me here.

Don't get this situation wrong, I didn't do anything bad. I'm as confused as you are.

Suddenly the door opened and he entered. What I didn't expect is, that someone was behind him, coming along with him.

"Ah Jasmine, I'm sorry that you had to wait.", he chuckled lightly.

But I didn't pay attention to him.
Instead I just stared at the boy behind him.

Aiden Hart, the biggest asshole to ever exist.

What is he doing here?

Mr. Smith, our principal, went over to his desk and sat down.

Finally Aiden sat down too.

"So, you're probably wondering why I brought you here."

Yes?

"Jasmine, don't worry it's not something bad. Aiden, you should be worried."

I turned my gaze to him.

He didn't look worried at all.

"Aiden, you have been failing all your classes recently and the school is not happy about it. We thought it is a great idea to inform you, that if you don't manage to pass any classes in the next months, you will be excluded from the football team."

His calm posture suddenly changed and he immediately sat straight.

"What, you can't do that!", he said angrily.

"Trust me, in a few months you will be thankful."

Aiden just huffed at that comment.

Ok, I know. This situation is pretty exciting, but why am I here?

"Now to you, Jasmine. You have never failed any classes, you are always the best at everything, but we know that something is really bothering you."

I was really confused and tried to think about what he meant, when it suddenly hit me.

My math teacher.

I don't know why, but he hates me. It's the only class were I'm so close to failing.
I'm always putting so much effort into my exams and stuff, but he's always giving me bad grades.

"I have a deal for you.", he started.

"If you can manage to help Aiden in school and if he is actually making progress and isn't failing everything, I will make sure that you will get a better grade in math. One that you really deserve."

I sat there in shock.
Is that even legal?

I mean, I know that I deserve a better grade, but I didn't think I would get it that way.

Aiden suddenly spoke up.

"I don't need help, seriously. Especially not from her.", he said, almost disgusted.

"So, you just wanna quit football?", Mr. Smith asked with a grin.

He knows what he's doing.

"Of course not!"

"Good."

He turned his attention back to me.

"So, is that a deal, Jasmine?"

I can't believe I'm doing that.

I shook Mr. Smiths hand.
He looked satisfied.

But Aiden didn't...

- - -