Introduction

Identification

My aim is to provide as much key information for you, by doing that I'm going to explain the length, plumages throughout the years - adult, immature, juveniles, summer and winter.

Habits

This describes the characteristics that will help identify the different bird species. But not just that, it also provides more information about the bird's behaviour.

Habitat

It's very important to know where a bird lives so you can observe them for yourself, because birds of paradise move about quite a lot throughout the year.

Food

These explain the most common food items of birds of paradise in detail then just saying a group of food they eat. (For example, blue birds of paradise eat grasshoppers, crickets and beetles then just saying they eat insects)

Breeding

This explains in full detail the nest site, eggs laid, the length of incubation, the time it takes for them to fledge and the age they become independent (mostly in a few days but environmental conditions can affect this).

Population

This is the latest estimation of bird populations which I have summarised this year, because populations change all year round.

Distribution

A map indicates the distribution of a species which is colour coded, Green is non distributed and black is resident.