Episode 13: Settling

"What do we do with her?" An elder lioness asked

For the past few weeks Choma has been exploring her newly discovered powers. While there have been a few close calls with said powers, no one has been hurt yet.

But nonetheless, everyone in the pride is a bit paranoid over what she could do. "Maybe we can train her, she could protect us!" Another lioness suggested.

Choma's mother scoffed. "I don't want to raise her to be a soldier. Besides, we have to just worry about her keeping her powers stable in general?"

"Maybe we can send her to the Tree of Life." Coma's father suggested.

His mate shook her head. "Will that really be the best move? If something were to go wrong, it could spell disaster for everyone there."

"Then what do we do? It's not like there's anyone here with the experience needed to guide her?"

The rest of the pride looked back to Choma, who was playing with Nuri. 

"How did you survive?" Vitani asked.

"I used the Roar to soften the fall, albeit it kinda took a lot of energy from me. So for the moment, I won't be able to use the roar." Kion half lied. While most of what he said was true, the main reason he wasn't able to use the roar at this point was both a combination of it taking a lot of energy from him, as well as him subconsciously not wanting to use it.

"I'm sure you'll be able to use it again!" Kopa encouraged, while trying to look away from Vitani.

"Well the important thing is that you're alright." Nala said, nuzzling her son, happy to find him alive.

Kion smiled for a moment, before changing his expression. "But..." he said. "There is still the issue with the elementals."

"We encountered a new clan on our journey back to the Pridelands. Whatever it is they're after, each of the clans plan on uniting to accomplish it." Fuli elaborated.

"My team have encountered the lightning clan a few times on the outskirts, they're looking for something." Vitani added.

"What?" Choma's mother said in disbelief.

"We can't do that, she's still our cub!" Her mate defended.

"She's a danger to everyone here, we can't wait for something to happen. We have to send her away!" One of the elder Lionesses ordered.

"She'll die out there! She hasn't even learned to hunt yet!"

"And we'll all die if we let her go unchecked. We tried everything we could, but she seems to be making no progress on trying to control her power."

"Please just give her time! I promise she'll make progress." Her mother pleaded.

"It won't matter at this point anyways! Other prides have heard the news about her, and they're not as tolerant as I am over her! If she isn't gone within two days, they will come down, and kill her!"

"You alright?"

Kion turned his head, to see his older brother approaching. "I'm fine, it's just....weird being back now."

Kopa chuckled at the irony. "It really is a weird experience."

"How did you do it? Be on your own for this long?"