•° Pʀᴏʟᴏᴜɢᴇ 1 °• Ah- yes. chaos

Start from the beginning

"My, were you ever eager to make your debut." He said,
"And bringing a poorly trained familiar with you? That is a clear violation of the school's rules."

"As if I'd serve some lowly human! Now lemme go!" Grim spoke up struggling against the rope-whip thing.
"Yes, yes. Rebellious familiars always say that. Do be quiet for a bit, won't you?" The crow man said, drawing Grim closer to him and closing his mouth.

"Mmmrph!" Was the only sound that came from Grim.

"Dear me" the weirdo continued
"Of all the students I've dealt with, your the first with temerity enough to open their gate and step out of it" he sighed and uncrossed his arms "Does the very notion of patience elude you?"

"No matter. Your orientation has already begun. Let us return to the Mirror Chamber." He begins to walk away from me.

"Students? I don't remember signing up for a school?" I mutter, the crow man heard me and turned back around to look at me.

" You awakened in a room full of gates, did you not? All the students here at the campus arrived by passing through such gates. Although typicall,  the students have restraint enough to wait until I open them before waking up."

"Uhm,  I think the weasel blew mine of then?" I watched Grim struggle a bit when he heard be say weasel.

"The culprit appears to be that familiar of yours. You're the one who insisted on bringing it." The man says

"No, I didn't -" I began to say, "So curtailing its behaviour is your responsibility!" I sigh, knowing these types of people who just cut people off without a care in the world.

"But now is not the time for such prattle! You've a student orientation to attend! Go on, now. make haste." The both of us plus Grim start heading towards the exit of this place.

"Can I ask a question? Who are you?" I ask, leaning over the crow man as we walk through a courtyard. He looks up at me and narrows his eyes.

"Hm? Have you not fully recovered conscious? The timespace teleportation must have addled your memories" I open my mouth to say something before closing it again 'my memories? Sure I don't remember much but that's a stretch...'

"Well, these things happen, I suppose." You suppose?? Isn't that. Like. Dangerous??

"I shall explain it to you while we walk. Truly, my magnanimity is boundless."

...

'Does he have a praise kink or sm' I look at the weirdo with a concerned look on my face, thank fuck this robe has a hood or else I would look weird lookin' at him like this.

"Ahem! This is Night Raven College." Since when did I go to college?

"It is an institution for students the world over who demonstrate a rare aptitude for magic." I thought magic died ages ago?

"It is the most prestigious academy of its sort in all of Twisted Wonderland." Twisted what now? Wonderland.. am I in some sort of fairy tail now? I mean, I love them, but come on..

"And I am Dire Crowley." So the bird man does have a name! "Having been entrusted with its care by the chairman, I serve as the headmage." The headmage? Like headmaster of a school?

"Academy?" I ask curiosity getting the better of me.

"Only those who the Dark Mirror perceives as having a talent for magic are admitted to the college" Well, that's not very fair. What if someone's really smart?

"Those who are selected are summoned to the campus through those 'gates', which can appear anywhere. A black carriage bearing one such gate should have come to meet you."

"I do kind of remember some horses, they were beautiful and yet terrifying at the same time" Crowley smiled slightly at my description.

"That black carriage serves to receive a student chosen by the Dark Mirror. It, too, bears a gate that connects to this campus." What. How the everloving fuck does it do that, I look at Crowley expecting an explanation.

"And as you know, " no I don't I'm literally struggling mentally because of the words you're spewing at me.

"Sending a carriage to meet someone on a special day is a time-honoured tradition."

...

"So this carriage dragged me here against my will? For no reason?" I mutter that last bit because, well, there's nothing really special about me except my wings.
"Mmmff! Mmmmmmmffff!" Grim tries to say something, probably.

"Now let us attend your orientation."

|||

Authors note :
My brain hurts.