Chapter 24: The Chamber of Secrets

ابدأ من البداية

"Well, obviously dear Ginny here told me all about you!" He said, faking surprise.

"Ginny?"

"Yes. Are you finally seeing it?"

"But... wait, does that mean..."

"Yes," he answered. "It means Ginny was the one to open the Chamber of Secrets."

"No, she wouldn't! She couldn't," I was so confused. How was that possible? It couldn't be Ginny... right?! "Why?"

"O she didn't do it at free will o'course," Tom answered, a weird smirk forming on his lips. I was really starting to dislike this guy. "I told her to do it. You'll find, Harry Potter, that I can be very persuasive. Especially with the girls."

"It was you!" I stood up, my heart pounding in my chest, my blood boiling. "You framed Hagrid! You made us think it was Hagrid!"

"Well, he was quite the easy target to be honest," he responded, still very underwhel- med. "He was always an oddball. Always befriending monsters any normal person would kill. Everyone believed me in an instance."

"You didn't fool everyone," I answered, thinking back to the memory. "Dumble- dore-"

"Oh yes, he was always suspiscious of me. I always had a feeling he didn't like me very much."

"I bet he saw right through you!"

"Yeah, but even so. I succeeded in my mission now, didn't I? He's gone now, all because of my mere memory!"

"You didn't succeed," I said. "No one died and the Mandrakes are ready by now. All the petrified muggleborns will be getting the potion to heal them any moment now!"

"My target has been long changed. I haven't been targeting Muggleborns for months now."

"Who is your target?" I asked.

"You, Harry Potter. And your sister too of course. And here you are."

*~*

Lucy's POV:

Damn it, that boy was slow. I'm not kidding, if he were any slower I think he'd be going backwards.

C'mon Harry, use your brains! You can be super smart, why not right now?

Tom Riddle is Voldemort. That's why we're his new targets. Vanessa and Hermione weren't targets because of their blood status, though it was probably a bonus.

He attacked them to get to us.

Hermione, Harry's best friend and also way too smart to leave her be. Vanessa, my own best friend, and Ginny's best friend. Keep her off the radar as a suspect. It was such a genius plan.

The basilisk was still roaming around, looking for me, but it hadn't found me yet and I by now, had him tracked.

I had to do something though, and quickly, or Harry would get killed off. Tom could tell the snake to go after Harry instead and leave me for later, the snake would definitely listen to him.

You know what? Maybe I should get out there, tell Harry instead of letting Tom do it his toxic way and try to escape, with Ginny.

Before I'd really decided on that, I was running out of the tunnels already. I heard the basilisk come after me, but if Tom really wanted to wait, he would tell his pet to stop.

And he did.

I heard Tom whisper in Parselmouth: "leave them to me for now. I'll get them to you later."