𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏, redfield

Start from the beginning

Scoffing, Ava snarls, "You're acting like he's not my dad too. Like I didn't have to grow up with that fucker as well."

Kiara peers over her shoulder, sending Ava a sympathetic look while John B just mutters incoherent words under his breath.

"It's been almost a year," Kie looks over at him, speaking softly, "Death is a possibility."

"Hey, he could have been kidnapped. That's definitely a possibility," JJ shrugs before staring at Pope with wide eyes for some help on the topic.

"Yeah," Pope slowly nods, "Could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere."

"Absolutely," JJ clicks his fingers, "Or, uh, Atlantis."

"Not helping," Ava coughs out, trying not to laugh at the weak attempts to soften the situation while the blonde slowly closes his lips in understanding.

"Look, what do you think the message is?" Kiara questions.

"Redfield," John B grumbles lowly.

"Redfield," JJ and Ava both instinctively mock his grouchy voice and they look over at each other with small mischievous smirks. They'd been making fun of John B together for a very long time.

"Will you two stop?" John snaps, swallowing thickly to calm himself down, "Redfield Lighthouse. That's my dad's favourite place."

Ava rolls her eyes, sitting back in her chair and folding her arms over her chest, "Our dad's favourite place," She corrects quietly.

*ೃ༄

    THE GROUP OF TEENS hop out of the Twinkie, one behind the other and Pope slides the door across. The five of them wander up to small white fence, looking up at the tall lighthouse in front of them. It hasn't changed at all from what Ava remembers it as being. Though, it has been many years since Big John had brought Ava on a trip out.

John B whirls around, pointing directly at JJ, "Right. You are gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay?"

"Wait," JJ's brows furrow, as he prods his own chest in confusion, "Why me?"

"Because you aren't coming," Ava replies simply.

He turns to her, clearly offended that he had been the one to stay behind, "Why?"

"Look, JJ," Pope sighs, quickly grabbing the blonde's attention, "There are independent and dependent variables. You're independent. We don't know what you'll do."

"Shut up!" JJ snaps, his anger beginning to grow while he soon proves Pope's point, "Just shut up, Pope!"

"Just listen to me for a second!" John calls, shutting them both up before he moves his finger to point at his twin sister, "Ava, you're hurt so you're gonna stay here with JJ as well."

Ava's face pulls up into a grimace at the idea, she didn't particularly feel like being left alone with JJ after the awkwardness in the hospital, "My arm is broken. I can still walk up stairs. It's a lighthouse, for fucks sake, it's not gonna eat us up."

JJ gasps, motioning frantically towards the girl, "So she gets to argue and it's okay, because. . . what, she's a fucking dependent variable thing?"