darrian saw her and even if he was slightly mad he still took out the blunt since he knew she hated smoking. celeste smiled at the small gesture and sat next to him.

darrian basically ignored her presence as he pulled out his found and scrolled on tiktok. celeste frowned confusingly at him because normally he would talk to her but he was straight up ignoring her whole presence.

celeste pursed her lips together in losing patience before taking darrian's phone and stuffs it in her jeans pocket. darrian sucked his teeth while making eye contact with her, his eyes were low and red since he had been high since last night. 

"you look upset. what's wrong?" normally darrian would have calmed down but he wasn't thinking so he said whatever without thinking. "the fuck was that bout?" he spat back at her making the girl frown.

"what you mean?" she furrowed her eyebrows. "bro just leave me the fuck alone yo. go fucking talk to elian, you've gotten good at that." and with that darrian walked away leaving a confused celeste. 

she didn't even know what he had done wrong and she knew he didn't mean that but that didn't stop her from being a bit let down at the fact he took out his anger out on her while she was just trying to help.

now celeste didn't even wanna go to her next class since she knew darrian probably went so skip. so she got up and walked around seeing a lot of people since the bell hadn't rang yet. 

then she bumped into someone.

"my bad- cel cel!" celeste already knew from the nickname that it was notti when the person wrapped there arms around her tightly. he rocked them side to side for a bit before letting go.

celeste let out a forced smile when he put a hand around her shoulder but notti catched on. 

"wassup cel?" he asked as they walked to wherever and she shrugged in response. "you're a horrible liar, i've known you for way too long to be able to tell." notti pointed out making celeste gasp.

"i am not!"

"yes you are." celeste scoffed as she followed wherever notti was walked her to. "but c'mon tell me what's wrong." notti poked the side of her cheek making celeste scrunch her face up from how cold his fingers were.

notti noticed how celeste's expression faltered slightly making him know what's wrong. he already knew that darrian was in a bad mood and when he was in a bad mood he was rude.

"ddot actin' up ain't he?"

there was a bit of silence between the two meaning that notti was correct making him shake his head in disappointment. "what he do now?" celeste sighed rethinking the words that darrian had angrily said to her.

"he got mad for some reason and told me to talk to elian. like who the fuck is that nigga anyways?" she asked not even knowing who darrian was talking about when he said that.

notti listened to the girl and his eyes went wide when she mentioned elian. he almost felt bad because elian was crushing so hard on her and she didn't even know his name.

"nah, nah, you know that nigga with blonde dreads? he always wearing a black nike tech?" notti described the boy while celeste tried to put together the pieces then it made sense. 

"oh, the nigga with dreads." she repeated making notti deadpan her. "ain't that what i just fucking said?" notti said making her laugh sarcastically before slapping the back of his head.

notti winced and shook his head, "yo slaps hurt cel, stop."

"but why he mad at you? you ain't you his girl or sum shit?" notti mentioned. celeste just shrugged before speaking, "i thought so too." she replied playfully making notti snap his head back so fast he could've gotten a whiplash.