Clouds

Saturday Jesse woke at six. It wasn't unusual, however, her nerves were going crazy. Today was the day she got to spend with Athena and Jessie. She had called Nicole making sure that she was ok to do the shirt alone.

That was another story. She knew that they were sleeping together. No woman could resist that Brian charm.

She threw back the covers. Her feet hit the cold wood floors, sending a shock up her spine. She headed to the shower, hoping it would calm her a bit.

After her shower she looked online for food places around Cloud 9. She didn't want to have any pro lens with the date. She laughed to herself. A date. At Cloud 9.

Most would laugh but she knew better. She loved Athena. She knew Athena. However, she needed to get to know Jessie. After all he was the light of Athena's life.
********
After what felt like forever, 1 finally came. Jesse stood at the door and knocked. She could hear the sound of tiny feet working to get to the door.

"I got it Mommy!"

The door swung open. "Hey, little man, you ready for some fun?"

"Yup. Mommy said you were taking us to a fun place. You didn't tell her, will you tell me?"

"No, it has to be a surprise."

The young boy beamed. Athena came from the hallway.

"Hello Jesse." She said.

"Mommy Jesse said that it's a surprise. Do you like surprised Mommy?"

"Sweetie go get your shoes on and we'll head out."

Jesse walked into Athena's personal space, hoping to feel the woman against her.

"How is it that you make jeans and a t-shirt sexy?"

"Jesse, you've always been so charming." Athena said sarcasticly.

Fringing hurt, Jesse brought her hand to her chest. "You wound me."

"Mommy come on!"

The two women looked at the tiny body waiting at the door.

"I guess we better go before he loses control."

"I just need to get his snack bag."

"No don't worry. I have it all under control. It's a date, I have to plan. For everything."

Athena just smiled and followed Jesse to her truck. "I forgot his car seat."

"I hope you think it's too forward, but I kinda brought one. So you wouldn't have to worry."

"You just thought of it all."

"I want to impress you. Show you I've grown."

Athena pecked Jesse's cheek. "It's showing."

Jesse help Jessie in and then the boy's mother. She felt some relief knowing her moves were working. However odd they may be.
*********
"We're here." Jesse said.

"Mommy, what's this?"

"Well, little man," Jesse said, " this is where my friends and I come to have fun. Do you wanna have fun?"

The boy looked to his mother waiting for her approval. Athena nodded her head. After getting the boy and his mother from the truck, Jesse lead them to the door.

Jessie gasped as he saw all the trampolines that lined the floor and walls. Athena noticed her son's reaction and smiled.

"So, little man, what do you think?"

"It's so cool! Mommy can I go now?"

"I'm not sure I'm prepared for this, Jesse."

"That's ok. I'll take him. You get comfortable and we'll have some fun. What do you say mini me?"

"Yeah!"

Jesse followed behind the boy, glancing back at his mother. She could see the nerves. Athena saw her little boy growing up. Jesse was excited that she could be apart of it.
*************
'She's not going to break your heart. Be calm. Jesse is perfect and she makes Jessie smile and laugh and she makes you swoon. Don't let the past ruin your future. Be happy for once Athena. Be loved.'

Athena smiled as she watched her son with the love of her life. It felt new and normal as something that occurred everyday. She knew she had to let go of the past.

****12 YRARS AGO****
Athena was walking to her next class when a girl who was a bit rounder came up to her.

"Are you Athena?"

"Yes. How can I help you?"

The large woman's laughter rumbled through Athena's ears.

"Help me by staying away from Jesse. She's with me. If you want a green card you better look elsewhere."

"I-I didn't know she was with someone."

The woman stepped closer, her fat rubbing against Athena.

"Well now you do. I'll have you deported back to that shit hole you call home. Got it?"

The larger woman pushed against her, causing her to fall.

"Heather! What the he'll are you doing!?"

Athena and the large woman, Heather, looked back to see Jesse making her way over.

"Hey baby. I was just tell the Greek geek that you don't want her." Heather said casually.

"The hell are you talking about? I told you months ago it was over! Done! Don't you get that!?"

"Baby, don't let her poison your mind."

Jesse stepped into Heather's face, her voice deep and dark. "Get the fuck away from here. If you ever come back I will not hesitate to beat the shit out of you. Got it!?"

The women watched Heather's retreating form. Jesse turned helping Athena to her feet.

"Thena-"

"No. Just- just leave me alone. I'm tired of this Jesse. I have too much going on to be harassed by your groupies!"

"I haven't seen her in months. Can't you see that. I spend my time working or with you. Come on, you're at my house all the time. It's just Nic and me."

"I'm done! You can't keep pulling that. I am not them. Let me be, please."
************
"Hey, Thena, you ok?"

"Yes. I'm fine."

"Ok, well come m join us. I think your son has some pretty awesome skills."

Athena smiled. This Jesse was different. She knew it. She saw it. Jesse had changed, if only she could forgive and forget.
__________________
So, again I'm sorry. Life just got in the way. I hope you all enjoy. I want to point out that little Jessie is modeled after my cousin.