Church

AN:Let me start by saying that this will contain some religious views. As many of you know I take a lot of my life and add it to my stories. This will explore the church and religion. Although, I am not an over religious person. If you are offended please feel free to message me. I will gladly answer any questions or listen to complaints.*
*************
"Forgive me father for I have sinned."

Athena sat in the confessional. It was the first time since she arrived in the US. She was never big on religion, but she felt she needed something from her past to answer these questions of her present and future. She wanted to feel grounded. Something familiar.

"Father, I have acted on temptation. I allowed the sins of the flesh to rule my mind."

The priest sat silently. 'Athena he's judging you. That's all they ever do. You shouldn't have come. Leave!'

Ignoring her thoughts she continued. "I've given myself over to her. In the way a woman should not. I've laid with a woman as I would a man. She has taken my virginity. I am tainted. No longer covered on his blood."

"My child, God loves us all. Repent and be once again covered in his blood. All it to wash away the son and temptation." The priest finally spoke.

"I do not wish to forget. My flesh aches for her. Why can't I love her as I'd love a man?"

"My child, you were made to follow him. Live in his image."

"The bible was written by man. Who is he to tell me who I can and can not share my life with. Does the bible not teach to love over all?"

"You must not twist the words of our Lord, child. He rules all."

Athena felt her shame taking over. She had to get out of there. She ran from the church. Her life was a mess and she'd only been in the US for six months. This woman she met made her question all that she knew.

Suddenly she hit something hard, yet soft. "Hey, I knew you missed me. You didn't have to run."

That voice was back. The cause of her worry and grief. "Jesse? Wh...what are you doing here?"

"I'm on my two week leave. I thought I'd come see you. I- I missed you."

The conflicting emotions were too much. Athena fled again.

"Thena! Thena,baby, wait!" Jesse called as she ran after the young Greek woman.

Running faster, she could hear Jesse catching up. The elevator doors were closing. She ran faster. She needed to get away.

Jesse watched as the doors closed with a year stained face looking back at her. "Damnit!"
******************
-Present Day-
"Why did you run from me?"

"I had just come from the church. I was conflicted. I wanted you but my faith made it hard."

"And now?"

"Now, Jesse, I'm a grown woman with my own business."

"That's not what I meant Athena."

"Then what!? What do you mean?"

"Keep your voice down!" Jesse said in a harsh whisper. "I mean as far as faith. What are your views now."

Athena let out a long sigh. "Now. I- I still believe in God. But I don't wish to follow the views of a book written by man who never knew what God wanted. I go to church when I can but I found one that is accepting of who I am."

"That's good. I was scared I had done something. We were so young. I didn't want to mess it up for you."

"Well you did Jesse. It made my mind crazy. First you being away on deployment. Add that to my phobia of being with you. It was a lot."

Jesse gave a sad smile. "I miss that."

Athena looked up form her drink. "Miss what?"

"Your accent. It's minor now. But I remember when we first met you'd ask all these questions and I have you repeat them just to hear your voice."

Athena blushed. 'Athena tell her. Tell her, damnit! It's important.'

"Jesse?"

"Yeah."

"After we ended something happened. I have changed and there is more than I care to share now."

"Does this have anything to do with why you wouldn't let me come up the other day?"

"Yes. No. Yes, I want to tell you-"

"So tell me Thena. I won't judge you. I love you. Alsways."

"I-" Athena's was save by an incoming call. "Hello. Yes. Are you sure? I'll be right there."

"Jesse I have to go. Please, can we meet up tomorrow? For lunch?"

"Yeah sure."

Athena got up from the booth and gave Jesse a light kiss on the cheek. "I will call you."

"Ok."

Jesse watched as Athena walked away. 'After all these years you still love her. Don't fuck it up idiot.'
****************
So this is shorter than my norm. However, I tried to get something out there. If you have any idea on what Athena's secret is comment or message me.

Much Love

-M