I'm sorry, roaches?

A millisecond later, the man was grabbed from the darkness behind him and, with a scream, vanished.

Orange Jacket ran to shut the door as the screams faded.

He looked back at me and grabbed the dead guy's gun. "Get back. Stay back. Please!" He pushed me away from the door.

I'm done.

"All right, all right. That's enough. I'd like to know if you don't mind what's happening here, please."

"Okay, yeah. Sorry. I didn't know how much you would know about our current situation coming in."

"Zero. Walk me through it like I'm a child. A foreign child. What was that thing?"

"Right, right. That was a Vrellnexian. We call them roaches. They can surf gravity storms, so they'd been able to breach a few years back. This level's been closed up ever since. It's my first time here."

"And who are you?"

"Sorry, stupid me. My name is Virgil. I'm the greeting party and a fan."

Finally. Some information.

"Great to have a name, Virgil. But I'm looking for the big picture here. I mean, who are you?" I elaborated.

"I'm one of the true believers. I'm definitely not the leader cause she started all this. But I'm one of the few."

"Believers in what?"

"In you." He smiled just before getting knocked out by...

By Mack.

"Mack!" I stood there in shock.

"You okay? What the hell is going on?" He asked me, grabbing Virgil's gun.

"I was about to find out." I gestured to the man's unconscious body.

"Oh, my bad. I see a dirty-looking dude hovering over you with a crazy-looking gun. I acted on impulse. Where'd that rock take us?"

"Well, I don't know many details, but-"

"But what, Phil?"

We both turned to the new voice and saw Catherine step forward.

"Great. You're here too." I sighed. I was really hoping she had been left behind on Earth, where it was safe.

"What happened to that guy?" She asked, pointing to Virgil.

"Mack knocked him out."

"Am I all caught up? Where are we?"

"As I was saying, we're in space."

"Yeah, that makes sense." She nodded. "It's the one thing we haven't done yet. All right, so we got the three of us. Where's everyone else?"

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

Phil shrugged. "I don't know. You two are the first I've seen. Did you guys appear somewhere else? Any clues to where the others might be?"

"No. I was just in the hallway outside this room. I have no idea where anyone else is." I answered.

"What do you mean you have no idea? Can't you teleport to them?" Phil looked at me strangely.

"Not exactly..." I murmured.

"And why is that?"

"It just... It wouldn't be safe."

"Since when is it not safe for you to teleport?"

"It just isn't a good idea right now!" I shouted, making them both jump back in surprise.

Damn hormones.

"I'm sorry," I murmured after a moment of silence. "I can't use my magic right now. Not like I used to."

"Wait a minute. This wouldn't have anything to do with what happened at the diner, would it?" Phil took a questioning step toward me. 

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean? What happened?"

"You turned down the beer Daisy offered you. Why? You never turn down the chance to have a drink with her." He reasoned, walking closer to me. "And the clothing you're wearing right now is a lot looser than what you would usually wear." He observed.

Why does he have to notice everything?!

"Coulson, what are you talking about?" Mack asked from behind him.

I sighed. I can't hide it from them. "I turned it down because I can't drink right now. Or for the next few months. Not until... Well, not until the baby's born."

The next few seconds of silence were agonizing.

"You're pregnant?" Mack looked at me in pure shock.

"Ha! I knew it!" Phil smiled happily. "So, how's Loki dealing with this?"

How the hell did he jump to that conclusion?! I mean, he was right, but still!

"Loki?! He's the father?" If I had a dollar for how many times Mack became confused in this conversation, I'd have, well, I'd have three dollars.

"Yes. And my husband. Now let's move on to the important stuff. We are in space and have absolutely no idea where anyone is!"

Mack threw his hands up in surrender and walked away. "Why should I be surprised?"

"Well, I'm not. I've been rooting for you two since that incident on the Zephyr two years ago." Phil shrugged and followed him.

I held back a laugh. That went over a lot better than I thought it would.