After, he went through the motions of how to throw a good punch and stating each place we should aim when throwing a punch. I attempted to clumsily copy his movements but couldn't  get the motion right. He clicked his tongue whenever he moved past me but never told me how to improve.

He kept us all longer than the time the class was supposed to take up. When he finally dismissed us, I rushed to pick us my jacket and leave this suffocating room. 

"Except for you." He pointed directly at me, "we need to have a little chat." 

He stood in front of me with his hands on his hips like he was about to deliver earth shattering news. He blow out a long exaggerated sigh, "I feel like you aren't putting an effort into this class. Self defense is important and you should treat it as such. I don't care if this was a mandatory class for you. You will put in at least some effort or else I will fail you."

I blushed, "I understand this is an important class and I promise I am putting in my full effort and I-"

He cut me off with a grunt, "don't lie to my face, I saw your form, you didn't even try to correct yourself. I expect better from you next class." He rolled his eyes and walked away before letting me get a word in.

I was hurrying back to the shelter of my home, feeling embarrassed and humiliated when I noticed Caden leaving his dorm building. He was all dressed up in black dress pants, a white button up shirt and shiny black shoes. He looked up as I approach my dorm, "oh hey Odette, what's up," he grinned.

"Nothing, just coming back from self defense class."

He winced, "I never took that class but I heard the teacher's a bit rude."

I nodded enthusiastically, "more than a bit. How come you didn't have to take the class I thought it was mandatory?"

He scratched his head and shyly admitted, "I kinda didn't take many mandatory classes. I'm just taking the ones about heat because I know nothing about it and it's a nerve racking experience for me every time. Also, I already know self defense."

I raised my eyebrows, "lucky. I have to deal with him for a whole three months."

He snorted, "well I better get going, I have a date."

"With who?" I blurted out. I pinched my lips together after realizing how invasive that questions was.

He didn't act like it was an odd questions and answered bluntly, "my pack."

I nodded acting like this was a normal conversation and that my heart wasn't shriveling up knowing he couldn't ever be mine. He has a pack? Of course he does stupid. I unlocked my door and stepped inside without looking back at him, willing him to walk away on his stupid little date with his stupid little boyfriends.

"Hey, if you want we can grab dinner again in a few hours." 

He looked almost hopeful and my bitter mouth had to completely ruin the mood, "I don't think your pack will like that. Isn't that cheating?"

He slowly blinked at me before responding, "no, it's not cheating I can have as many friends as I want."

My love sick heart came back to life after hearing him call me a friend but then died again when I reminded it that we were only friends and would only ever be friends. "Ok." I replied, not knowing how else to respond.

I push open my door and walk inside, closing it behind me and taking in a deep breath. For some reason, I felt so frustrated with myself and Caden. I don't even understand why I was so angry, what did I expect? 

Of course he had a pack, he's so sweet, pretty and smells absolutely mouthwatering. Who wouldn't want him? A small part of me was secretly hoping that him and this unknown pack would break up and I can have him all to myself. 

I pushed those cruel thoughts away and plopped down on my couch, ready to wait for Caden to come back to me.

After many hours, I begrudgingly gave into my hunger and prepared myself something to eat. I had stayed up much later than I wanted waiting for Caden to get back and grab dinner with me like he promised. 

I had stalked his house for a while after realizing he was so caught up in whatever he was doing to even think about me. I made myself food while convincing myself that I had made him run off because of how rude I was being.

A loud thud sounded from outside followed by a groan and male grumbling. I shot up out of my coach and peaked through the window to see the man I had stayed up for. I angrily shut my curtain. I was furious that I had reacted that fast to a sound that might not have been him at all. 

I started back towards my couch when a loud knock rang throughout the house. I paced myself as I walked back to the door. When I opened it, Caden almost collapsed on me reeking of alcohol. He leaned forward and breathed in my scent.