episode 30 || to late to leave

He smiled and pulled me into another kiss. We held it for a while before we let go and hugged. "Be careful." He said. "I'll see you in a few hours." I assured. He nodded. And then he left. I was left alone with my doubts and worries.

I took a deep breath in and turned the door knob, holding in my breath. The door creaked open. I looked both ways once again before entering the dark room. I closed the door behind me and turned around. The room was empty, as I expected.

I looked around for anything else that seemed suspicious. My eyes landed on Niragis bed. The deja-vu of earlier today flowed over me shook me awake as I made my way to his TV stand. I got down on my knees and and opened the stand. But then my heart stopped.

The safe wasn't there anymore. "What?" I mumbled under my breath. How is this possible? I could've sworn I saw it the other night. He must have moved it. That was the only option. I stood up and looked around the room. I checked under his bed. Nothing. I moved around paintings. But still, there wasn't anything to find.

I opened his closet doors and peered inside. The first thing I saw on the ground were some cheap red panties. And they weren't mine. I scoffed. Why would you get them that ugly when there are designer ones out there. Some Victoria Secrets wouldn't look as bad.

I pushed the unbothered thought aside and continued my search. Five minutes and I had checked his entire room without any piece of evidence of the safe or any of his cards. I began doubting whatever I saw that night. But i couldn't lose my motivation. I was already here. I needed to finish the job.

But then I heard footsteps coming from outside the door. I thought quickly and opened the bathroom door, hiding inside. I heard Niragis door open. My heart throbbed in my throat when I heard people's voices and Usagis struggling grunts. He had people with him. Three or four, at the least. But what were they doing bringing Usagi here?

There was a soft thud, like somebody landing on the bed. "Let me go!" I could hear Usagi say. And then I heard Niragis voice. "Rape, assault, fraud, arson, murder. Why do you think these crimes are punishable by law?" I wanted to throw up. I knew what he was doing. Where it would end. How could he be so sick?

"Why is it that they are prohibited by law?" He says. I could hear the lust in his voice. I've heard it multiple times before, but I've never thought I'd hear it second-hand. "That's because they are part of human nature. Left to our own devices, humans will rape, steal and kill each other. That's just who we really are" He finished.

I cornered my mouth in disgust. There was a small pause. I didn't want to think about what he was doing to Usagi. I...felt bad for her. "But there are no laws here. Isn't it a waste not to do these things? Such human nature empower us!"

I should've been with Chishiya and Kuina by now. But fuck. I shouldn't just wait until they're done to leave. I couldn't do that. The game will start soon. Who knows how soon. If I stop this, would it be too late?

The next thing I heard were kissing sounds. Usagi doesn't deserve this. No one does. And then someone yelled. But it wasn't Usagi. It was Niragi. What the fuck is going on? I went over and flushed the toilet, turning on the faucet after. I waited a few seconds before closing it and opening the bathroom door.

I stood at the doorway, staring at the scene in front of me. Niragi was on top of Usagi. She was on the bed with militant members holding her down. Niragi had blood dripping down his mouth. They were all staring at me. "I had to shit." I said.

"Aria!" Usagi sounded relived to see me. "Hey," I said, acting confused. "What the fuck are you doing here?" Niragi got off Usagi and walked over at me with a glare. "I already told you." I told him. "Whatever. Get out." He said aggressively. "I'm not leaving until you tell me what the fuck is going on." I glared back at him.