XII

"Let me carry that cup for you" it came from the mouth of your friend who took the vessel from your hand.

The already cold glass left your hot hands, which were warmed up by the heat from the tea you just drank. Your eyes, which were initially fixed on the male figure, looked out the window, it was so dark that the only thing you could see were small, glowing lanterns that looked a bit like fireflies. You gathered enough strength to get up and start getting ready to leave, because there were still a few chores waiting for you at home that had to be done at all costs. Leaving the small, cozy living room, you felt a sudden, unexpected touch on your shoulder, and you turned around in horror to find none other than Kenny there.

"Where are you going?" he asked, slightly disappointed with what he saw.

"I have to go home, there are a few things waiting for me there" you smiled at your friend and wanted to move on, but again you were prevented.

"Can't you stay with me? It's late, after all, and you know the types of people hanging around South Park at this hour" the blonde's voice echoed throughout the house, his pleading tone almost making you shiver slightly.

"Kenny, I'm not a little girl anymore, I can deal with any perverts" you said firmly, but it still didn't work, it was as if nothing was reaching him.

"I insist you stay" you sighed in resignation after hearing that.

Tired of presenting your arguments, you decided to give up and agree to spend the night here, it would be quite dangerous to drive in that condition anyway. You collapsed on the previously mentioned couch and waited for the fair-haired one to find pajamas for you because your current one was a bit dirty because you spent most of the day in it.

"Here you are" Kenny handed you clean clothes and you immediately rushed to the bathroom with them.

The silence of the room exaggerated constantly, even though you couldn't hear anything and the mood was calm after all, you still couldn't fall asleep. Maybe it's because of fatigue or maybe it's because of the fear of what will happen to your beloved, you didn't know yourself.

Your eyes were fixed on the ceiling of Kenny's room, the man said that as a guest you can't sleep on some lousy couch, so as the host he gave you his room and nestled in the living room. Since you were alone in the room, all you could hear was the sound of the wind rushing into the room and your breathing, which was getting quieter and quieter with every second. Thirsty after so many hours of stillness, you scrambled out of bed and made your way to the door to open it and find your way to the kitchen, you knew full well that Kenny might be sleeping at this time, so you were incredibly careful about your movements because you just didn't want to wake him up and make unnecessary fuss, besides, you weren't in the mood to talk.

You made your way downstairs with all caution, but it was only when you got downstairs that you felt uneasy. Almost all the windows were covered and the only source of light that still existed was a faint ray of red light from the man's charging phone, feeling that you can't see anything, you were slightly discouraged and wanted to go back up, but dehydration made itself even more felt. You moved instinctively to the wall and searched kitchen door with your hands. Running your hands through all possible things, you finally found a door. With hope, you opened it and stepped inside.

The room was incredibly small, you stepped carefully on the floor until you finally sensed that you are standing in front of the stairs leading down.

'Gosh, this isn't what I was searching for' you thought to yourself as you turned back so you can continue your search.

Strangely enough, you did not find the door open in front of you, on the contrary, it was completely closed. You pulled the handle, but the wooden rectangle didn't even move, completely stressed, you started back to what you were doing before, but your attempts to get out were in vain. Your hand left the company of the metal doorknob and your head was completely lost in thought, a scared human does not think straight, and so it was with you. You didn't know what to do at all, should you start screaming for help? Or maybe keep pulling the handle?