She heard him sniffle before he cleared his throat, humming in response.

"Are you okay?" She asked, moving to turn on the lamp but he stopped her.

"I'm fine, don't worry."

"We'll wear matching outfits, okay? And I'll dance too...and you know I'm really good at doing makeup? I want to do my own makeup, the makeup artist put too much makeup on me to make me look prettier but it just made me feel ugly...I didn't like that." She made a face, "Can we not invite my parents? I don't want people who wish badly for us there...and bua ji. Hmm?"

"Everything will be done as you say, Roop, every single thing. I would've gotten you the stars if you asked me to, this is your wedding, everything will be of your choice, be it your lehenga, mehndi, or makeup, you just say the word, meri Ruh." He replied, wanting to go and kill her parents right this instant.

"You're happy with me, right?" She asked after a silence of a few minutes.

"You make me feel like the luckiest man alive darlin',  I'm the happiest when you're with me." He kissed the back of her hand, caressing her back with the other hand.

"You make me the happiest too, I've read too many confessions but I still can't put it in words about how much I love you... you're the best forced decision of my life." She raised her head, kissing his chin.

"I'm so happy that my parents saw you at the party that day and you know, Roop? I feel happy that your parents decided to get you married to that old guy...because if it was someone else, I wouldn't have gotten you." He sighed, feeling guilty at his selfishness, "I love you, so freaking much."

"I love you more."

"You can't." He shook his head.

...

She danced, she chose her own lehenga and she did get her hands and feet filled with henna on her wedding day.

All her bad experience in the past was replaced with happy memories, she laughed more in the past few months than she did her whole life, and what she expected to be another disaster of her life turned out to be the biggest blessing to her.

"Khud to do-do baar shadi kar li, meri yahan mangni bhi nahi ho rahi." Mihir cried as he threw flowers at the couple taking pheras.
(He himself got married twice and I'm not even getting engaged here.)

"Aww, crybaby." Ishani waved her ring-cladded hand infront of his face.

"Chudail." He wiped the sweat from his forehead, his hands momentarily pausing as Jashn's sister came and stood beside Ishani.

Mihir cleared his throat, starting to walk away when Madira, Jashn's sister decided to say Hi.

"Hii...I'll be back, I need some...some water, yes." He quickly said, turning one more time when she held his wrist.

"Here, I've been carrying this around for a while...maybe it was for you." She smiled, handing him a bottle of water.

"I think I'll need some juice too." He stated after chugging down the water.

"Hey, Madira was feeling down too, go with him Madi, he'll make sure you don't fall due to weakness." Jashn, who was overhearing the conversation for a while now interrupted before he could leave again.

Madira turned to her brother with a grateful smile, giving him a secret thumbs up while Mihir was planning his ways to kill both his cousin and her fiance as he felt Madira link her arm with his, taking him away with her.

Roop, on the other hand, whispered something into Amrit's ear as they were asked to sit down for sindoor filling rasm.

He looked at her with widened eyes, looking for a hint of a joke in her eyes but she just smiled.

Pandit ji's mantras were just a piece of background music as he tried to control his emotions, "maang me sindoor bharein beta." Pandit ji urged. (Fill her partition with vermilion.)

"It's true?" He whispered.

"It is." She nodded.

'Be quick, cheeseball is getting hungry.' That's what she whispered in his ear as they sat down.

"Baatein baad me kario, sindoor bhar." His mother hit his head.
(You can talk to her later, fill her partition.)

He did as he was asked, the tears he was trying to get rid of slipped out of his eyes before he could control them.

"No, I didn't want you to cry." Roop wiped the tear, trying not to cry herself too.

"These are happy tears." He assured her, kissing her palms.

"It's You and Me and our Cheeseball now." She whispered, "I got my happily ever after too."

...
The End. 🥹

Not me crying my eyes out while writing this chapter, I loved every single second of writing this book, Roop and Amrit will forever be my best creations! I have got this bittersweet feeling of letting go of them, they're like a part of my life now and I was so emotional while writing this chapter 🥹🤌🏻 I'll miss every single one of them! 🥲❤️

The unconditional love y'all gave to this book, I'm so freaking grateful, I hope you loved them as much as I loved writing their story, the epilogue will be up soon 🫶🏻

Thank you, to those who believed in me since the beginning, I remember every single one of you and thank you to those too who decided to give me a chance!
All the love, Sreeshaa <3