Chapter 47

Chapter 47

    Thousands of people blocked the entrance of the supermarket, and the long queue even reached the base. Every household sent people who did not have to go to work to line up. They even brought their own small mats and benches, and some even brought tents and sleeping bags.

    The entire base was almost mobilized, except for those with permanent jobs, everyone else was here.

    The elderly can't stand in line for so long, but they will come to watch the excitement.

    For them, shopping in the supermarket is like a festival, a rare ripple in the boring life of several years.

    Although the supermarket is large, there are hundreds of thousands of people in the base no matter what, and the supermarket has too few employees. If not enough people are brought in each time, the efficiency will be low.

    And they snapped up the purchases too fast, Wu Yan and the others exhausted all their energy just to replenish the stock.

    Although the goods in the supermarket can be purchased from the system, they cannot be automatically replenished to the shelves. The goods distributed to the warehouse by the system can only be sorted and loaded manually.

    It may be the same as the protective cover, and the automatic replenishment will not be opened until a certain turnover is reached.

    It was not easy for Cao'er and the others. Not only did they have to answer various questions, but they also had to lead the way and help Wu Yan and the others to load goods.

    Everyone was so busy that their feet didn't touch the ground. Within half a day, almost everyone was hoarse.

    After all, there are so many people, talking basically depends on shouting.

    Others were not idle either.

    Zou Ming, Chen Shu, and the others acted as cashiers—they have force value, and they don't worry about someone who doesn't want to pay and force their way out.

    Ye Zhou also asked Sarah to watch the monitor with him.

    In case of some petty theft.

    "The rice is gone!" Cao'er shouted, "Wait until we can restock!"

    After Cao'er finished yelling, Wu Wife who was not far away also yelled: "The cabbage and tomatoes are gone!" The

    residents did not disperse because of this, fearing that he would leave at this time, and they would be gone when he came over. Waiting with buckets of rice, each of them carried a large bag of cornbread and emptied out all the stocks in the house.

    Not many people even want to buy cornmeal to earn the difference, and only rice is on their minds.

    Many young people have not eaten white rice several times since they were born.

    Even if the supplies were sufficient before, when they could buy tickets, only those who worked in factories could afford them, and they could buy some to go back and improve their meals.

    But people's desire for rice is still imprinted in their bones.

    They can always hear the old people say that in peaceful times, almost every household in the south used rice as their staple food.

    Obviously the rice has no taste, but after steaming, the plump, crystal clear, steaming rice grains seem to be able to soothe people's hearts in an instant, and all the sufferings of the past can be dissipated with the hot steam.