Love Love Love

"Mepod Nano6 are you even trying to take this seriously?" Cob's voice echoes throughout the room.

"I-I am! This song is just tricky to sing." Mepod has been practicing to sing this one song, like the many others Cobs tasked her to learn but this one she just kept struggling with.

"Look, I have more important things to do right now so if you would please." Cobs says dismissively while getting ready to leave.

"Wait! I can do it, just let me try one more time! I'm sure I can do it!" Mepod's voice was full of desperation at this point. Cobs looks back at Mepod. The look on his face of disappointment that Mepod felt like she should be used to but it still stings to see it.

Cobs then sighs and looks back at Mepod.

"You're not even worth it anymore."

Cobs leaves the room as Mepod stands alone, processing the words spoken to her.

"Not worth it..?"

————————

Mepod was now wide awake in their sleeping bag.

They were having those dreams again. The strange dreams started after the incident with the spaceship but since then they have become more and more frequent. They feel so real, but it's scary to think if they were real.

Mepod got up from their sleeping bag and snuck out of the tent they share with Mephone, trying not to wake him as they did. Mepod just needed to be somewhere else because doing anything besides sleeping and seeing those dreams again sounds appealing.

————————

Mephone stirred from his slumber hearing the sounds of footsteps

Mephone thought maybe one of the contestants was up late, or something like that. Until he looked over to where Mepod was supposed to be and only saw an empty sleeping bag, worry started to sink in for Mephone. He got out of his own sleeping bag and rushed out of the tent trying to find any sign of Mepod.

Mephone looked all around until he could see very faintly in the distance Mepod's silhouette running off. What are they doing? Mephone thought to himself as he decided to follow Mepod.

When Mephone finally caught up to Mepod at one of the beaches of the island, sitting down almost curled up into a ball. Mephone slowly walked next to where Mepod was sitting. He could hear Mepod's little sniffles, trying to hold back their tears. Mephone sat down next to Mepod.

"What's wrong kiddo? What was up with that disappearance act?"

"I- I just. I-" Mepod was stumbling over his words hiccupping sobs in between them

"Hey hey hey.. Relax, take your time kiddo."

Mepod had to take a moment to try to compose himself a bit better, and Mephone patently gave him the time to do so. Once he was ready he finally spoke. "I-I keep having these weird dreams, but I don't know if they are just dreams.?? Like trying to sing but it's not good enough, and just like some corn guy..??"

Mephone then knew exactly what She was remembering

"Steve Cobs. Trust me. I am well aware of him"

"Cobs..?"

"He was the one who made us both." Mephone said with a hint of disgust. He hated remembering that someone like that created him.

"Oh.. I see..."

Things started to come together a bit more in Mepod's mind. She remembered when The Spaceship incident happened and many times before that Cobs was mentioned a lot, but at the time She didn't fully comprehend it. It was also becoming clear that those dreams were most likely more than dreams.

"I just... keep remembering things he said to me.. he said I wasn't worth it but I tried so hard and.. and.." Mepod couldn't finish her sentence before she couldn't stop the floodgates of her tears again.

Mephone felt a twinge of rage inside himself after hearing what Mepod just told him. He knew Cobs was awful to him and had assumed he was the same to Mepod, but to learn just a small extent of what he put Mepod through filled his heart with both anger and sadness.

Mephone then hugs Mepod. While still being new to comforting others he wanted Mepod to feel safe. It was the least he could do. "I know it's.. tough.. to remember things like that, but I'm here for you kiddo."

Mephone lets loose from the hug to give Mepod some space, Mepod calmed down a lot after the hug from Mephone. Mepod still had small sniffles from all the crying.

"Just know that no matter what I won't let him hurt you anymore."

"Promise..?"

Mephone paused for a moment.

"I... I promise."

Mephone wasn't sure if he could keep that promise. After all, he too is also scared about Cobs possibly coming after them, but even if that happens, he won't let Cobs lay a finger on Mepod.

Mephone looked out to the ocean only to notice something.

"Huh. Now would you Look at that, kiddo."

Mepod looked up to the sea and witnessed a gorgeous sight. The sun was starting to rise over the ocean. The sky becoming a watercolor mix of purple and pinks and the same colors reflecting off the deep seas. It was beautiful. Something Mepod had only seen in pictures and yet it's right in front of them.

The sight made Mepod feel safe. Mepod just felt safe. She was far away from Cobs or Meeple, and has Mephone who cares and looks after her. Mepod realized she always wanted this feeling of safety that Cobs never gave her. Now she has it.

"I think I'm ready to head back." Mepod finally pipes up

Mephone chuckles. "Alrighty then kiddo. Let's make our way back then." The two then get up and start their trip back to the tent.