22 | hell has frozen

Magsimula sa umpisa

Uh oh

Nurse Gabriella
???

Hell has frozen over if you givin me credit

Nurse Gabriella
Ykw? I take it back!
Text me when you get home

[ You liked "Text me when you get home"]

I relax further into my seat, switching apps to play a game on my phone when suddenly it hits me - I forgot to bring table number four their extra lemon slices.

Jolting my head forward, my eyes land on the heavy glass door that connects the hotel to the restaurant. Their faces hold a bit of an agitated expression as they continue to wait. I decide to switch seats, choosing one further away and go back to my game. I chuckle to myself as I slice fruit with my digital sword.  Working here has surely  fried my brain because there's no way that I just got worked up over that.

I may be leaving sooner than I planned.

**********

Saturday, December 4 | 1:34 p.m.
Slippery Slopes - Ice Skating Rink

-

"So, how do I look?" Nadirah prances up to me before twirling around, modeling a chestnut cashmere sweater over some medium wash jeans. She gathers her silky inches in her hands, her long nails clacking as they touch, and positions it over her shoulder before shaking her ass.

"Okay!" I nod my approval. "I never seen you wear this many clothes before."

"Well, that's 'cause I am a modest woman today and it's not because of the weather." A sly smile spreads across her face and I raise an eyebrow.

"Gotta make a good first impression, you know?"

Nadi grabs my arms and pulls me inside of the massive cabin-like establishment. The warm air blasting above my head soothes my exposed face and we align ourselves against the brown walls, allowing other visitors to walk past us freely as we wait for the men.

In the center of the room, there is an ice rink enclosed by crystal clear windows that traps the frigid temperature inside. The surrounding areas are filled with people being served at tables.

"A good first impression on who?"

"Yo outfit is really cute, G." She eyes the pink and black tweed set on my body appreciatively. "The skirt with the dark stockings is very Hallmark movie journalist in New York City who comes from money."

"Thank you." I smile before dropping it just as quickly. "Now answer my question."

She sighs dramatically, running her fingers through her long hair. "Well, I just thought that this was an appropriate thing to wear in front of my soon-to-be stepson. Perfect for ice skating too."

"Wait, what?"

"Oh, I didn't mention that my man had a six-year-old?" She shrugs. "It must've just slipped my mind."

I crane my neck to the side, my mouth hanging open slightly. "Wait 'til I tell Cree that you playin' step mama!"

"Look," Nadi sighs. "Mack and his baby mom have a mature relationship and they have no issues coparenting. She got her own man, her own life, and she's even spoken to me kindly. Plus, I'm in love and I don't care how long it's been. So I'm all for getting to know Kyler. Who knows, maybe one day I can give him a sibling."