Chapter 13-Double Attack

Começar do início

To explore the West side of the island, I could either run around the island on the beach or go straight through the forest. I decided to take the latter route, as the path is shorter and the temperature is more manageable. Of course, I could've taken the former route to challenge myself, but why do unnecessary things when the result is already set in stone?

Since I took the toilet paper map with me along with a pen, I decided to draw out some of the key features of the terrain while traveling for future reference. With a general outline of the road I took to other peoples' camps, this map could come in handy for other people.

As I rolled around in the bushes, I eventually stumbled upon a cave. I saw a device inside the entrance of the cave, proving that the cave was a spot. Although I wasn't the leader, I decided to go and take a look anyway.

There were lots of open space before the entrance, making it easy for the occupier to see anybody approaching. The cave also provided some free shelter, albeit it was dark inside.

After looking around a little, I could've left and started to explore some other areas, but instead I sat near the entrance and waited. I made sure I was in the shade so it was hard for people to spot me.

Sure enough, after one or two minutes, a pair of Class A nerds walked right into the open. They were Totsuka and Katsuragi, with the former being a bit too eager and the latter appearing a bit anxious.

"Hey Katsuragi-san! We found a spo—what the hell are you doing here?!" Totsuka yelled as he saw me.

"Sup."

"Don't 'sup' me! You're the one that messes with me before the midterms!"

"Yahiko, calm down," Katsuragi asserted. "There's no use in dwelling on the past."

"But Katsuragi-san! We were sabotaged by this guy!"

"Yahiko."

"I—sorry, Katsuragi-san."

"Wow, aren't you a good boy, Totsuka?" I commented.

"So he's the childhood friend you were talking about, Yahiko? Do you know which class he's from?" Katsuragi asked, ignoring my comment.

"N-no, I don't even remember his name. Besides, he's only parading as my childhood friend for some reason, I don't actually know him!" Totsuka complained.

"Lying is no good, Totsuka~ By the way, which one of you is the leader?" I asked.

"Bold of you to assume we're the only ones here. Surround him, guys." One by one, Class A students popped out of the bushes and joined the pair, and it seemed like all 35 students were there.

"So. . .what are you going to do now?" I asked out of curiosity. Clearly, they couldn't get violent since Mashima-sensei was also there.

"Isn't it obvious? We're going to claim the spot. Unless you want to claim it first, then go ahead," Matoba snickered.

"Nah I'm good, you guys can do the cavemen cosplays instead." I stood up and prepared to leave, satisfied with the confrontation, but Totsuka blocked me instead.

"We have some unfinished business, Mr. Childhood Friend," Totsuka cracked his knuckles. I sighed and high-jumped over him since he was quite short anyways.

"Hey! Don't try to run awa—"

"Yahiko, leave it. Let's go occupy the spot." Katsuragi glared at me, and for some reason, Hashimoto was smirking at me. It's quite curious how different perspectives can lead to radically different reactions. However, I didn't expect that both Katsuragi and Totsuka weren't the leader. Maybe Katsuragi was smarter than I thought. My next destination was going to be the cliff and the tower. Maybe I can find another class trying to occupy them.