He stood there, flabbergasted before running towards you again. "Wait! What's your name? Can we team up?"

"You don't interest me. I don't want a kid to slow me down."

"I promise I won't slow you down! Please!"

He begged and begged, and even clung onto your leg, trying to slow you down. He kept pleading for you to team up with him— and this lasted for more than an hour. He wasn't going to stop any time soon, and you knew that full well, so you had no choice but to actually team him up. You could set him up as bait for him to get killed in a game, but you'd have to wait for the perfect opportunity; so you saw this as one. You had to bond with him to get his trust and then sacrifice him.

You stopped a sneer from creeping up to your face as you turned around to finally accept his offer.

"Okay," you finally said, staring at him condescendingly, "but on one condition."

His face lit up, and his eyes glistened with happiness. Eagerly, he immediately nodded and listened carefully.

"If having someone like you on my side, means that you will listen to me and follow out every single plan that I put out."

Your voice was stern and your stare was reduced to a glare as you towered over him. Your aura was intimidating, and you weren't going to take "no" as an answer.

Hesitantly, he gulped and nodded. "I.. I'll do my best."

You kept a stern stare on him, but no longer glared. You looked up ahead and pointed to an open space with grass. "Go over there and find a rabbit. I'll search here."

Immediately, he nodded and straightened his back, putting a hand to the side of his forehead. "Yes ma'am!"

—☆×☆×☆×☆—

You waited for him near the entrance of your apartment and saw him proudly carrying a bunny. You signalled him to come closer and he did, taking small yet quick steps towards you.

You grabbed the rabbit and noticed that it was still alive and kicking. You stared at him with a quizzical look, inciting an explanation from him.

"I.. I couldn't bring myself to do it," he finally said, looking away and fiddling with his own finger tips.

You clicked your tongue and immediately killed the rabbit. Anzu looked away, and all he could hear was the squeak of the rabbit and the bone crackling. He squinted his eyes shut, feeling guilty for something that he didn't even do.

"Come," you said, demanding him to follow you.

"But, there's no electricity, how would we cook?" He asked.

You pulled out a lighter from your pocket and showed it to him. His eyes lit up and he smiled, thinking of the food.

You told him to stay where he was and you went in the forest to take a few branches and start a fire. Once you got enough, you went back to him and piled the branches up.

He stared at you intently as you held the lighter above the branches to burn them in order to start a fire. You removed the fur from the rabbits and started cooking them after piercing them with a stick. The aroma of meat filled the air, and Anzu was trying really hard not to drool over it. After a few minutes of waiting, the meat was fully cooked and you indicated for him to start eating. He immediately dug in and devoured the whole thing, ignoring the fact that it was still burning hot.

You clicked your tongue at him. "When was the last time you ate?"

"I think since about 3 days!" His voice was slightly muffled due to the food that was in his mouth.

You sighed and began eating. You found it quite funny how he wasn't capable of killing the rabbit, and felt guilty when you did his work, yet now he is absolutely devouring it without hesitation.

—☆×☆×☆×☆—

After a few minutes, you finished eating the rabbits and it was now night. Tomorrow, you would have to go to a game to replenish your visa. Anzu was on the verge of falling asleep but you shook him awake, startling him.

"What?!" He yelled, getting up and looking around, only to see you staring at him with your eyes telling him "shut the fuck up". Immediately, he sat back down and chuckled nervously.

You sighed before dusting yourself off. "Tomorrow, I need to replenish my visa. I'm going around 5 PM tonight. Are you coming, yes or no?"

He hesitated. "Uh.. I- I'll go."

You stared at him, a quizzical look painting your face. "If you don't want to go then don't go. It's your choice."

He shook his head. "I don't want to be alone. Please let me go with you."

He stared at you with certainty in his eyes, even though he was shaking a little bit. You nodded and went inside the apartment, giving him a sign to follow you. Tomorrow, you will be heading to the Jack of Diamonds.

A/N !! 💕
First of all, thank you so much for reading. We surpassed 10k reads! I'm so happy! I never expected that many, and I want to thank you all for reading— even if it's just checking out what this is.

Second of all — once I finish this ff, I'm thinking of starting another Chishiya x Reader one again. What do you think? 💗