Chapter 8

"Ok, Lola. Are you ready for your present?"

"Yes!"

"The first part is here" I say, giving her a tablet.

"What do I do?"

"Just press play."

"Hello Lola, Merry Christmas!"

"Oh my God, it's Mason!" she screams.

"I hope you are enjoying the holidays with your family, give them all a hug from me. To your untie too" he says with a wink. "Anyway, I've heard that you now have a new favourite player, that I don't own that honour anymore. But I am not mad, don't worry."

"How does he..."

"Keep watching" I tell her.

"I still think I'm better than him, but hey" Mason shrugs. "You should know that he feels very lucky to be your favourite player now, but what if he tells you himself? Dec, come here!"

"Hello mate. And hello Lola, Merry Christmas" Declan says, showing up next to Mason. "Hope you are good."

"She's having a heart attack" my dad laughs.

"Thank you for choosing me as your favourite player, I hope I don't disappoint you."

"Nah, you won't" Mason says.

"Thanks bro" Declan chuckles. "So, we have a little gift for you and your family, Lola."

"This" Mason says, showing some tickets on camera.

"We would love it if you all came to watch us play on Boxing Day, maybe even have a chat after the game" Declan says.

"No way!" Lola screams, her eyes growing wider and wider.

"And when we say the whole family, we mean all of you. You too, auntie" Mason says with a smile, making me roll my eyes. Again, because I have already watched the video. I wanted to make sure they didn't say anything stupid.

"I look forward to meeting you, Lola" Declan says.

"And Merry Christmas!" both of them say at the same time, the video ending with that.

"Auntie... Is this true? Are we going to the West Ham-Chelsea?"

"We are" I say, showing her the tickets.

"Oh my God!" she screams again, jumping at me to hug me.

"You are like the best aunt ever. Ever, ever, ever!"

"Thank you, Lola. But if you keep squeezing me like that, I won't be the best aunt for too long" I chuckle.

"Sorry, sorry. Are you coming too?"

"I am. And I am wearing my Mount shirt. If I can find it."

"You'll wear Mason's, and I'll wear Declan's! We'll be matching! Isn't that perfect, mum?"

"It is, darling" she says, looking at me and trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"I can't believe you kept all this from me, you little bitch!" Monica says, hitting my arm.

"Ouch!"

"You deserve it! I thought that after everything you went through over the summer, you would share something like this with me! Like, you freaking met again, and it actually was a coincidence!"

"I know."

"And things weren't weird! You behaved normal!"

"We did" I say.