𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤𝟤: 𝑀𝒾𝓉𝓈𝓊𝓇𝒾'𝓈 𝒞𝑜𝓃𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

Start from the beginning

I'd been into every single one of the rooms in her apartment, which was only four- kitchen, bedroom, living room, bathroom.

Each and every one had an amount of pink in it, even the bathroom (which had pink-striped wallpaper). Mitsuri's apartment was unbelievably plush and soft, not just aesthetically. All her furniture was so high-quality. I often wondered how she could afford it, but I knew it would be rude to ask.

Well, now I knew how. Giyu was probably pretending he wasn't making a lot of money to me so that he could hide how he was getting Mitsuri expensive things for her apartment.

I looked around the living room, absorbing every detail as I waited patiently for Mitsuri to get the 'drinks'. Mitsuri loved making unique, aesthetic desserts for guests and I knew they took a fashionably long time.

The pink and white teddy bear lights matched with the rosy fairy lights made the room illiumante in pink, as if it wasn't already pink enough. The couch was soft and cozy, adorned with a myriad of heart, dango and sakura pillows that were a wonder to hug. The white heart rug was incredibly fluffy and the sakura-wood coffee table complimented the white of the rug. The shelves of anime figures and food models displayed Mitsuri's passions well and her heart-shaped TV hung on the wall. The wallpaper was white, thank goodness- it would have been an eyesore if it was also pink.

For a moment I felt an incredible longing to not do this, because if I did I might never see this apartment again. A strange feeling that I wanted to stay here because I liked her apartment. Ridiculous, intrusive thoughts. 

But then I suddenly had an image of a blinding, purple living room- which I quickly realised was my living room. Decorated like Mitsuri's- but my style.

Rounded white hanging lights shaped like butterflies, hanging from the ceiling elegantly. The TV butterfly-shaped, the shelves filled to the brim with medical books. A pastel purple leather couch decorated with butterfly-shaped pillows. The rug butterfly-shaped and purple while the coffee table was a dark chocolate-brown, topped with a mug of my favourite coffee on top.

But in that vision Giyu was sitting oppisote me, holding his mug of steaming coffee, smiling his rare smile, and I knew I could never have that again. I couldn't be inspired for room design by my best friend who cheated with my ex whom I was here to confront.

I shook my head to clear my dazed thoughts as Mitsuri finally walked in, carefully balancing two identical fancy glasses of homemade aesthetic drinks.

As she set them down on the table, she handed one to me and I peered at it curiously, taking a sip.

It was an overly-sweet strawberry milkshake, with sago pearls and strawberry jelly at the bottom. There was a swirl of whipped cream on top and a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. It was topped off with a variety of rainbow sprinkles and strawberry chunks. Mitsuri really had went all out.

"It's good, right?" She beamed at me, clearly proud of her work, "I love strawberry milkshake and I had one at the food court yesterday, so it inspired me for our meeting today! I found a recipe online but it didn't specify the sweetener amount so I just dumped a few spoonfulls."

"Maybe a tad less sugar?" I suggested, "But overall it's really good!"

"Really? Arigato!" Mitsuri grinned, looking radiant with joy. How dare this liar get to be so happy and cheat at the same time?

"So, about why I came here...," I leaned in, positioned my hands like I was making a business deal, and smiled.

"Oh, yes!" Mitsuri twirled a strand of pink-green hair in loops. "I was wondering about that! But hey, we don't need a reason to meet up! We should do this every week! You're always welcome!"