Shuja replied from the back.

"You should not listen to husband and wife conversation. It is against basic etiquette." Ayath was angry.

"Don't be angry my baby sister, how about you and Arsalan having a race?"

"No need to make Ayath angry Shuja, we are not planning on any race, just a normal ride."

Ayath guessed her brother wanted to make fun of Arsalan and she was against it. Her husband was very naive and couldn't even guess anything from his friend's tone.

"How about you and my husband having a race? If you can beat Arsalan, then I will do as you say." Ayath suggested to Shuja.

"That would be too easy. "

"Are you scared that my Arsalaan will easily defeat you?" She was all excited and did not realize her words. On the other hand,

Arsalan was very happy, thinking Ayath had full faith in him. He blushed at the moment when she called him my Arsalaan.

"Stop arguing, let us do a small competition in pairs. How about that?" Abasi suggested.

"Good idea, me and Arsalan together and you and Shuja as a team." Ayath was really excited.

"No, you and Shuja make a team and me and Arsalan a team," Abasi suggested."

"That would be brilliant. Are you both OK with it?" Shuja asked, looking at Ayath and Arsalan.

"Ayath can join me, I can easily defeat you both. I do not want Shuja crying later because that team was not fairly divided ", Arsalan replied.

"I am not scared, Arsalan, Ayath is my sister, and let her be on my team" Shuja replied, giving Hifi to Ayath.

"What do we have to do?"

"It is easy. The first part is a race with hurdles and the second is Archery. Whoever hits the bull's eye is the winner."

Arsalan was worried about Ayath."Ayath, this is just a stupid game, be careful". He instructed her. To this point, even Ayath was irritated with him.

How foolish can you be, Arsalan, underestimating me?

"May the best person win", she replied.

"Ayath gets very competitive, Abasi. Arsalan's face will be worth watching. Abasi, how about we call an audience?"

"No need, Arsalan will be very angry, he is equally competitive. Let us see who wins, Shuja. "

Ayath came back wearing her fighting gear. Arsalan was surprised." Close your mouth lion, get ready to lose", she whispered, passing by him.

The servants arranged everything. As soon as the whistle was blown, Ayat was riding like a pro. Arsalan was just awe-struck and stood in his place looking at her.

"Arsalan, she will surely win if you stand like a statue", Abasi shouted. Arsalan composed himself and kicked his horse and was soon catching up with Ayath. His body was bursting with anger. Abasi and Shuja had just halted. It was a race between Ayath and Arsalan. Arsalan never dreamt about Ayath in this position. To him, she was a damsel in distress and he was her shining knight.

They both crossed the winning line at the same time and Ayath shot her arrow, which hit the bull's eye and Arsalan's arrow split Ayat's arrow, breaking the wooden board.

"Why did you hide this Ayath?" he asked.

"I never hid anything. It was your assumption," She replied. They were interrupted by Abasi and Shuja.