[Extended] Chapter 38 - Overhaul v. Fist

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

*Crash* Through the wall, Soulstorm, Aizawa, and Nighteye emerged. Soulstorm immediately jumped forward and punched Overhaul back with Aizawa using his quirk at the same time to retrain him. Nighteye immediately ran to Mirio who was holding Eri, "Are you alright!?" "I'm fine! And... we have a little extra help with us." Nighteye looked around and then saw a similar dark figure on the edge, tumbling on his steps. "What happened to them?" "They got shot! I think it must be the quirk-destroying rounds!" "What!?" Suddenly, the ground shook violently, and Eraser Head disappeared from their sight, "You, get out with Eri immediately, I'll go to Fist." "Yes, Sir!"

Nighteye quickly ran to Fist who was trembling with their hand over their helmet, they were bleeding from their right leg and covered in scratches of which some tore through their suit. "Well you're angry... head" Nighteye could tell their voice was strained, "You want to fight so bad? just after one look at her?" Fist's nonsensical talk did not matter to Nighteye, as he immediately had gotten out a bandage to cover their leg. "Just hold on tight, don't move, or the wound could aggravate furth-" "Fine. Go do it, but do enough...." As Nighteye looked back up to the vigilante, they had stopped shaking, stopped moving, frozen as a statue. "Fist?" Nighteye asked, but there was no response, "Fist?!" said Nighteye again as they shook his arm. This time, however, there was a response. Fist slowly moved his arms down, along with his entire body. He placed his right foot back and lifted its heel, while his left foot stayed in place doing the same motion.

"Fist?"

WOOSH

...

"Eri will return to me." A monstrous Overhaul sprouting 4 claw-like limbs declared. Izumi had only been fighting for a little while, but those minutes proved to be tough, the boss of the yakuza was not giving up. Izumi then wanted to try her new attack, so she dashed forward using full cowling to slip under his arms and use... "Knockout Strike!" *POW* Overhaul received a blow on his head and got kicked forward, but the damage was quickly repaired. "Is that all you can do? Such a shame" he spoke in his domineering voice, "Fist has punched me harder than that-" "EAT THIS!"

POW

Coming in like a freight train, Fist crashed into Overhaul fist first. The shockwave it created could be felt around the room as Overhaul crashed into the wall. Fist himself was still injured, but that didn't stop him from giving it his absolute all. Izumi was in fact terrified. There was a certain presence that Fist held at that moment that was extremely overpowering, indescribable, and yet... familiar.

Overhaul walked out of the dust cloud more infuriated than hurt. "How are you still that strong!? Your quirk should be destroyed by now!" he yelled. "Destroy my quirk, huh? Well... let's see if it feels destroyed to you!" responded Fist, launching himself toward him. Overhaul broke down the floor into spikes, forcing Fist to jump over them, upon which he used his other limbs to touch and annihilate him immediately. However, as he lifted his arm, Fist kicked it away while avoiding the palm and thus could land in front of him with no issue. Overhaul again tried to touch Fist but couldn't reach him as he leaned back at every attempt, moving around him faster and faster. "Stay still, rat!" said Overhaul, constantly turning his head. "You've got so many arms, how about I FIX THAT!?" yelled Fist as he swept Overhaul's leg making him lose his balance. Fist then pulled his arm back as he moved under one of Overhaul's front shoulders and-

POW

The arm flew in the air spinning. There was no blood apart from a very tense Overhaul who then immediately grabbed the arm out of the air and rebuilt it back onto his body. "Scum!" yelled Overhaul, who punched the ground to send Fist flying back. Izumi wanted to quickly check on him but they picked themselves up on their own and yelled "YOU'RE JUST A MONSTER, JUST LIKE ME!" before dashing forwards back into the fight. "THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!" bellowed Overhaul, "YOUR QUIRK IS DESTROYED, YOU CAN'T STILL STAND UP!" The two of them clashed once more with Overhaul shooting up as many pyres of rock as he could, while Fist kept dodging and weaving until he could get an opening. Izumi was still standing still, just observing this fight. The both of them were so tunnel-visioned on each other that they had completely forgotten her. Close by, Nighteye had now also become a spectator, him and Mirio were still stuck trying to convince Eri to leave. Now, this exchange was more unique than anything he could see. Two outlaws of different categories with grudges welling up so deeply that they were in their own deathmatch. "Sir Nighteye..." whispered Izumi, "What are the limits of the human body?" ... "Why that question?" "Overhaul spoke repeatedly that he had destroyed Fist's quirk." Suddenly, Nighteye became as bewildered as Izumi. While it only left his mind briefly, the fact of the matter was that Fist was shot with the quirk-destroying bullet, yet they were holding their own against such a dangerous individual. "I don't think I can answer that anymore-" "HAH!"

At the height of a jump, one of Overhaul's claws could be seen touching Fist's helmet. Promptly after, his helmet was reduced to rubble. "Next is your existence!" yelled Overhaul. Nighteye and Izumi stared in awe at the vigilante, not because of his striking hair color that was unraveling, but because of a grin. "Smiling, huh? You insane psychopath" said Overhaul approaching him, "Accept your death." He lifted one of his claws above the vigilante, ready to disassemble him in an instant when a soft voice suddenly stopped him. "D-Don't!" said Eri, she had run away from Mirio in fear of her savior. Weeks of hearing him running around the underground hideout, being a hindrance, after his promise that she would be saved left a deep impression. "D-Don't hurt them! Please!" she pleaded. "Do you finally understand, Eri? Come back here..." said Overhaul turning away from Fist and holding out his hand. Eri slowly walked towards him, terrified of his figure, but more of his ability to hurt. Every step was painful as sharp rocks covered the area, but she didn't care anymore, she just wanted it to be over.

"Don't!" yelled Izumi, wrapping her arm around her and holding her back. She had finally snapped back into focus and was not letting her go again. "L-Let go!" Eri begged again with small sparks appearing out of her head. "Eri... you don't want to be the center of another incident... right?" spoke Overhaul out of a mouth that had appeared on his palm. "L-Let go!" said Eri a little louder, but Izumi stood firm. "LET GO!" yelled Overhaul ejecting a stone pillar that had caught Nighteye by surprise and stabbed him. Izumi was paralyzed at what she just saw, dropping her guard and letting Eri slip out. She ran and ran as fast as her feeble legs could, with Overhaul gleefully watching as his property returned to him. As she was running down, the sparks on her head got more intense and she began to cry. At the same time, a dragon was falling from the ceiling but that wasn't important now. She ran past Overhaul, much to his shock, and headed straight for the vigilante.

She embraced them, beginning to unconsciously use her quirk and rewinding their wounds. Overhaul got separated back into two people but he was ecstatic at Eri annihilating that filthy annoyance from time itself, "good, stay like that."

Not yet

Fist stood up, the same grin stuck on his face, and after begging to feel a stinging pain from Eri overusing her quirk, ran towards Overhaul one last time. Taking advantage of the opportunity, while his guard was down, putting back all the strength he could muster into, one. last. punch.

POW

Izumi, who was still in shock from Nighteye's injury along with Mirio, now suddenly saw Overhaul flying overhead all the way to the new crater that formed. This brought her attention back to Eri who was visibly struggling on the ground next to Fist. Izumi jumped down, running to them and trying to console the panicking Eri. This quirk, is she healing my wounds?

"You should keep her close, it'll be useful for that thing"

Izumi turned to Fist in a heartbeat, the voice she heard had delivered a hammer to her mind. She thought that she must have been hallucinating, she thought she was crazy. "Are you-"

Close to the sound of an explosion, a dust cloud further away showed a figure of a dragon monster with the beak of a bird. Izumi then suddenly felt an immense strain on her body, once she lifted up her head, a ripped piece of Fist's black cape was left on the floor. Somehow, she understood the message and tied Eri to her back. Ignoring the vigilante's disappearance and the strain she felt, she activated One For All: Full Cowling - 100% as Overhaul landed in front of her with his new form.

That's surprising

I thought you wanted to punch her

I got all my anger out, and Eri takes priority

Well... get out, your helmet's broken

Wait, WHAT?!

Through one way or another, the vigilante managed to exit the scene. Izuku was now back on top of his usual territory, the rooftops. After quickly heading to a small hideout to grab a spare helmet, it was now late around the afternoon.

I thought I would have to stop for weeks, but with Eri's quirk, I feel completely fine

DAYTIME PATROL!

I guess there's no better moment

Against better judgment, the vigilante decided to go forward with a patrol at an unusual time within the same day as that raid. This then came back to bite them, as they encountered their most challenging opponent yet. Currently holding the 2nd place title, flame hero Endeavor.