Ailee didn't know who the man in question was so she asked "Who is he?"

Emma and Gigi gasped and looked at each other and then looked at Ailee "You must be kidding, right sissy?"

"I'm afraid not"

"How can you not know him?"

" well I don't know"

" God Lily, he has been the talk of the town for the last 5 years now. I can't believe you never heard of him." said Emma.

" He's considered as the King of the industry. Also his looks are to die for." Gigi gushed dreamily.

" Not to forget he's a walking red sign. You change your route when you see him in the same lane, which is kind of dangerous. Got it?"

" Magic words like sorry, please, thank you don't even exist in his dictionary and his mannerisms are as good as your social skills that are practically zero." Mila interjected.

" I still couldn't stop looking at him during the party. I'm sad that he only stayed for hardly an hour." Iris said, earning incredulous looks from everyone.

" Ok I think it's enough information for one day."

" Mhmm"

They soon retired to their rooms but Ailee kept wondering who the mysterious man was. He must've come after she left.

She decided to drop the thought because its useless to think about someone she doesn't even know.

___

Here Xavier just got to know that one of his books got switched with some other person.

It was the latest edition of a technology encyclopedia. He found the previous edition interesting so he wanted to try this one as well.

These types of books aren't published in mass so he had to pre-order it to get it delivered on time. Not that they will not publish a special copy just for him but he wanted to save them and himself the little trouble.

Alas he'll have to wait now.

His assistant complained on his behalf and got a response that they'll look into it and send him a new copy.

Just then he got a call from his assistant
"Hello sir, they found the person with whom your book was exchanged. Apparently it's a girl named Ailee and she will be asked to return it by the end of next week."

" Hmm ok"
Strangely that name sounds familiar. Though he has never heard or known anyone that goes by that name but still he feels like he has heard it somewhere.

___

Ailee kept looking at the entrance of the store and then the encyclopedia she's holding.

A week ago she received a call from the manager asking her about the said book. She didn't notice until then that they misplaced the romance novel she intended to buy.

Now here she is, to return the book in exchange for hers. She is contemplating whether to go in or not. Either she goes back home and pretends this never happened or she can go inside and exchange the book like the big girl she is.

She is so tempted to pick the former option but on the other hand she is feeling bad for the person who specially ordered this book.

After sitting in her car and staring at the doors for 20 minutes she finally decided to go with the latter. She can't always hide in her room.

She went inside and straight at the counter.
"Excuse me?" she said in a feeble voice.

"Yes, how may I help you?" said the cashier.

"I- I'm here to- umm return this book." she said timidly.

"Oh yeah we were expecting you-"

"Welcome sir" suddenly the manager came out and greeted someone behind Ailee.

She slowly turned back to look who the man was that had the manager running out of his cabin.
And there she saw a hunk of a man standing at the doorstep with four even bigger guys around him. Probably his guards.

First thought that came to her mind was that he was beautiful just like those main characters from her favorite romance novels. But this guy here was so intimidating she couldn't even look at his face for more than a few seconds. Some kind of power oozed out of him.

Just then she quickly turned back. The lesser she stays here the better it would be.

But when she turned around, the cashier was already pale and sweating. He shakily picked up the book from the counter and put it in the bag.

Suddenly she felt a presence right next to her. She already had an idea of who it might be so she decided to not check. But when he put her book, the same book she was supposed to buy that day, on the counter she unconsciously looked up at him while he did the same.

➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷