-2-

A/n: anyone using sign language will be written in bold!

Rachel had left early for work leaving breakfast on the table for Felix. She left a note for Felix along with the business card she had shown him the night before:

Hey Lixie,
I didn't mean to cry like that yesterday. I love you so much and I want to see you back to normal again. I know you're afraid of me leaving you, but Lixie. I'm your big sister! I'm the one person you should know will stay with you through thick and thin! Enjoy the food <3

-love big sis

Felix brought the note up to his heart, a smile so small creasing on the corners of his lips. That reassurance alone made him feel like smiling for the first time in four years.

Felix was 18 now, he needed to heal and move on from the people that left him. Even though his parents weren't their to be figures for him, that role has been replaced by his sister. Felix was about to pick up the phone and make an appointment...but he remembered he couldn't talk.

Ill go after school

The school day went smoothly as usual he didn't exactly have friends but his classmate Jisung knew sign language would talk and invite him to eat lunch with he and his boyfriend Minho. Minho was lost but as time went by he learned a but of sign.

After school Felix put the address of the speech therapy office in his phone. It was only a 15 minute walk. He tried to soothe himself by listening to music but as the building came into sight the only thing he could think of was self harming. Felix took a deep breathe before opening the door.

The place smelt like essential oils which was soothing. It was a modern office. A nice big desk for the receptionist and couches for the patients. There was a coffee machine and bagels which looked like they were calling his name. Felix nervously walked up to the front desk, his preference alerting the handsome with long brown hair  man behind the counter.

"Oh hello! Do you have an appointment?" The male asked. Felix shook his head no making the male realize Felix may be mute so he decided to trying sign language.

"We have a speech therapist available right now if you wanted to see him. His next appointment is in thirty minutes so it would be quick." The male signed, Felix taken aback yet happy that the receptionist knew sign language.

"Thirty minutes is great. Thank you so much." Felix signed and bowed his head slightly.

The receptionist signaled for Felix to follow him down the hall before stopping in front of a door and knocking, "Hey Chan it's Hyunjin! I've got a patient for you to see real quick before your next appointment. A 'come in' was heard before Hyunjin opened the door to drop Felix off before shutting it.

Felix was stunned to say the least. Was everyone that worked here attractive? The therapist looked young. His black hair was done out of his face nicely, he wore a brown turtle neck sweater with black slacks. He had a nice watcha round his wrist and a perfect dimpled smile to match his perfect aesthetic.

"Hey take a seat! What's your name?" Chan asked as Felix scurried over to a chair in front of his desk.

"Felix" He signed.

"Nice to meet you Felix. My name is Chris but please call me Chan. deaf or mute." Chan asked the male.

"Mute." Felix signed earning a nod from Chan.

"Thats perfectly fine! From now on whenever I see you I won't use sign. It's going to be a long process but once we reach our goal it will feel though a weight has been lifted off your heart. Can you tell me when you went mute." Chan smiled warmly, leaning in slightly to show the male he was paying attention.

"It happened four years ago. I'm not too comfortable saying the reason why. I haven't told anyone. Not even my own sister." Felix signed. Chan hummed and wrote a few things down before looking up again.

"Have you opened up to your parents at all?" Chan asked ready to write more down.

"They are no longer here." Felix looked down at his lap not being able to face the therapist. Chan took the hint and hummed. He knew better than anyone not to pity people in situations like this as it could just make things worse.

"How old are you?"

"18"

"I see. I'm 23 so we are pretty similar in age! you can feel natural with me." Chan chuckled lightly. Felix just nodded not really feeling any less nervous.

"We'll have you fill out some paperwork in the front. I'm sorry we had a short session but I look forward to seeing you again. I would recommend before coming to see me try writing your thoughts in a journal. Let your inner voice to a solid form." Chan suggested as Felix got up.

Felix nodded his head and stood up. He bowed and saw himself out, rushing out as fast as he could. Being in there was overwhelming, not to mention the therapist was hot.

"Cute..."