15- Sole Salvation

Start from the beginning

"He said Eldians did horrible things to Marleyans, so we have to atone for it" Evelyn says as she looks down as well.

"Zeke, do you want to become a warrior and fight for Marley?" Grisha's Father asks as he looks at Zeke.

"Yeah. I want to be a warrior" Zeke says as he glances to the side, "that way, Evelyn won't have to fight too hard".

"Well, I think it's bedtime" Grisha's Father says as he looks at his wife.

"Oh! Next time you're here, I'll read you the cat house book!" Grisha's Mother says as she looks at Zeke and Evelyn.

"Yay!" Evelyn says excitedly.

The next day, Zeke finishes his warrior training. He walks out of the building and into the courtyard as he looks around at all of the son's being picked up by their Father's.

"Zeke!" Evelyn yells as she runs over.

"Evelyn. What are you doing here?" Zeke asks as he watches his sister.

"Mum's making dinner early and Dad's busy in his office. I didn't want you to have to walk home on your own so I came here to get you" Evelyn says as she stops in front of him.

"It's dangerous for you to walk on your own this late at night" Zeke says as he looks at her.

"It's okay. It's the same for you" Evelyn says as she grabs his hand, "come on. Lets go home".

The two of them arrive home as they go straight to Grisha's office.

"Dad! I finished early today! Let's-" Zeke says as he and Evelyn go into Grisha's office.

"Oh, good. We'll be able to study more" Grisha says as he looks down at his work.

"Right..." Zeke says as he looks down.

"In other words, the Tragedy of Lago never happened" Grisha explains to Evelyn and Zeke after dinner, "the Ravaging of Monte and Horrors of Valle are stories made up by Marleyans, too. Eldians have never had such cruel customs or culture. After all--".

"The Founder Ymir wouldn't want that" Evelyn says as she looks at Grisha.

"It's unthinkable" Zeke says as he looks at Grisha.

"That's right! You're both catching on!" Grisha says as he pats them both on the head.

"Yeah!" Zeke and Evelyn say excitedly.

The next day, Zeke walks back from getting ripped into by Commander Magath when a ball rolls in front of his feet.

"Hey! You there! Can you toss that ball back?" a man asks from his right side.

Zeke bends down and picks up the ball as he throws it to the man, the man catching it.

"You've got a good arm for a kid!" the man says with a small chuckle, "here!" the man says as he throws the ball back to Zeke, catching it, "nice catch! I'm sick of throwing off the wall. You mind playing for a bit?".

"A red armband! You're--?" Zeke says as he spots the red armband on the man's arm.

"One of the Marleyan warriors you're aiming to be" the man says happily, "though, since my Beast titan isn't too helpful in war, I mostly just play catch around here. The name's Tom Ksaver. I work in titan research. So, what's your name?".

"Zeke Jaeger!" Zeke says as he throws the ball back to Tom.

"Zeke, your throw has some heat! You'd be a good pitcher" Tom says as he catches the ball.

Zeke gasps happily as he starts to talk to Tom. After their chat, Zeke runs home.

"I'm home, Dad! Guess what?" he yells as he runs inside the house.