Ch.3 Um...That Was Fast

"Nooooo! Don't wanna!"

Huh?!

I quickly sit up in my bed and look around.

"...Anya?" I rub my eyes.

"Noooo!"

"!"

I immediately left my room.

"Hey, what's going on?! What are you doing to An-...ya?"

The two look over at me.

"Ah, your awake. I made breakfast earlier. I put your plate in the fridge."

"...What's happening here?"

Anya runs over and hides behind me. "Sis, papa's trying to make me study... I hate study time."

"Study? For what? We're not even in school."

"Exactly. You two need to start going to school."

"Hard pass." I put my hand up. Anya copies me and my stone expression.

"Same here."

"You two don't have a choice!" Loid sighs while waving a book around. "Listen, I need to judge your academic abilities for the test, you two."

"What test?!"

"The one you have to take to get into Eden Academy."

"...Pfft! Hahahaha! That stuck-up, rich kid, school?! You have to be kidding! Kids like us don't go to schools like that! And why are you even talking about schools?! We just got here!"

"School is important to help shape your future."

"Then how about a different-"

"Can't. Now go study, the both of you."

"Dude, seriously, get off our case. You're pissing me off."

"You both need to study."

"But I don't need to! I can just read everyone else's..." Anya goes silent.

"You plan to get by with pure cunning alone then? Now listen here, if you don't pass this test, I'll-"

"What? Bring us back?" I chime in.

"..."

"..."

Loid sighs before putting on his coat and heads for the door. "Whatever, I'm heading out."

"You are-"

He turns around so fast and shuts Anya down.

"And no! You're not coming with me this time! No way, no how! Just look over the house."

"..."

Then, in the space of a few minutes...

"Stop it already!"

Loid sets Anya in my arms. She had followed the guy out so many times, it was funny to watch.

"Hold her."

He leaves again and shuts the door behind him.

...

...

...

"Get him, Anya."

I let her go, and she races to the door, however...

"Wha! He locked it! I can't get out!"

"What? Really?"

I walk over and try to open the door. "Huh?! It's not locked! He barricaded the door! That as-"