Nine • Red Pearls

Alarick and Cynthia reached the village on the horse. Cynthia told him the way to Romeo's house but much to their surprise it was empty. Alarick got down from the horse and helped Cynthia get down too. Cynthia got anxious finding out that both Thea and Romeo were missing. She went to the doorsteps of Romeo's neighbor Margaret and knocked on the door. After constant knocking, finally the middle-aged woman opened the door. Margaret looked annoyed and rightfully so because it was past midnight.

“Aunt Margaret, where is Romeo?” Cynthia asked.

The annoyance on Margaret's face was replaced by grief as she told her, “Poor Romeo is dead, Cynthia dear.”

Cynthia's eyes widened in shock. She looked back at Alarick who was standing at a distance with his horse.

“But... Thea told me yesterday she is visiting Romeo. She didn't return home.” Cynthia told Margaret in a weak voice.

“Thea did come to Romeo's house yesterday but she left when she was informed that Romeo is dead. She was shocked. All of us were shocked at Romeo's sudden death,” said Margaret.

“Sorry for disturbing you, Aunt Margaret.” Cynthia apologized.

“It's alright, dear. Don't worry too much. Thea is a sensible girl. She'll be safe.” Margaret reassured her before closing the door.

Cynthia walked to Alarick with eyes full of concern.

“Where should we find her?” She asked him, worried for her sister.

“After getting informed about Romeo's death, Thea most probably would be returning to the castle. Something must have happened on the way back. In the forest.” Alarick assumed.

“Let's go to the woods.” Cynthia replied impatiently.

Alarick nodded and get on the horse before helping her up. They went to the woods from where they reached the village. There was nothing unusual.

But then something caught Alarick's eyes and he got down from the horse.

“What happened?” Cynthia asked as he left her sitting on the horse.

“Wait a second.” He told her and walked to a tree. Alarick bent down on the ground and picked up the shiny red pearl from the wet soil.

“What is that?” Cynthia asked from where she was sitting on the horse.

Alarick stood up and went back to her. He showed her the pearl.

“A red pearl? But why is it extraordinarily shining?” Cynthia asked seeing how the pearl was shining like a red moon.

“Because it belongs to a divine being. Their blood drops become red pearls.”

“So does that mean there are chances that Thea is abducted by a divine being?” Cynthia asked suspiciously.

“I can't say if it was exactly an abduction. After all, Thea is a cursed angel herself and people of divine world still sympathize with her. But there was a divine being present in this forest.” Alarick stated.

“How do we find who it was?” Cynthia asked him.

Alarick kept quiet. He got up on the horse again and began riding back to the dark castle.

✿ ✿ ✿

Somewhere in the middle of earth and divine world, a few light years away from moon, there was a small planet. It's soil was black but more fertile than earth's soil. Because it was nourished by red pearls, the blood of divine beings. The ones who came to kill him in all these years.

But he was afraid. Afraid that the dark aura might scare her. So with a snap of his finger, he put an illusion around them. The black land was now replaced by a colorful garden of peonies. He wondered if peonies were still her favorite.

He was waiting when their curses will be lifted. He was tired of being hated and feared. He wanted to be with her. His Aurore. And he was ready to destroy the entire divine world if he had to do that for Aurore. Those divine beings are the ones ruined their almost perfect life. He didn't mind getting bullied by his half-brother Marcus and his minions. But just because he was born from a human and a divine being, he didn't deserve to be cursed. Maybe it wouldn't have happened if his father didn't go into deep meditation. It's been more five thousand years since his father, the lord of divine world, did not return. His father was still unaware of the injustice happening in his absence.

He wanted to kill Marcus. He would have killed him long time ago. But no one in the divine world is ignorant to the fact that only the lord of divine world can kill his sons. So with him being gone for five thousand years, they are almost immortal.

But then they created Ace, who was supposed to kill him. The Ace he tried to destroy but ended up trapping his soul into five human forms. It was an accident. But he was glad it happened. Otherwise, he wouldn't have met Axlan. Axlan might be greedy in nature because of the curses he put on each of them. But he was softhearted and and understanding. He just hoped he could meet him once again.

His eyes fell on Aurore or Thea. She was still unconscious. He wondered how she would react. He wondered if she also considered him to be evil. He wondered how their meeting after centuries will go. He wondered if they will ever be Aurore and Damon again.

•••

Finally an update!

How's the story so far?