I looked away, my gaze dropping in the grayness of the city, its lights awakening now that it's almost dark.

He cruses, "What happened?"

"I don't know. We were just standing outside when he blurted out that he knew."

"How did he find out?"

I shook my head, "Beats me."

We were silent for a moment. I was sipping on my tea, staring at the perfect and un-touched muffin on my plate, while Tom stared out the window.

"Do you think he told Dev?" I blurted out, a ripple of fear rushed through me.

"I don't know, but there's only one way to find out," he gave me a pointed look.

"I don't want to call him."

"You have to!"

"No, I don't. He hasn't called me yet, so that probably means something," I said.

"Fine. If you won't do it, I will. I have a right to know as well."

He dug out his phone from somewhere in his apron, and I watched as he found Devin's contact number a pressed on the dial button.

"Hey, how are you?"

I raised an eyebrow, but Tom just poked his tongue at me and continued speaking through his phone.

"Yeah, he's good...kind of, maybe...." he suddenly blushed and looked away, "Um, no. Not yet."

I was curious.

"What is it?" I whispered.

Tom ignored me and went on talking.

"Are you and Ian busy this week?...I was just wondering if we could go on another double date, like before. I'd like to get to know you better."

"What?!" I almost yelled.

Tom ignored me, nodding to whatever Devin was saying. "Sounds good, I'll see you then."

He looked at me, and all I could do what stare at him. "Before you go all crazy on me, I was just trying to see if he knew."

I sat up nervously, "And?"

"He doesn't. Obviously"

I sighed in relief, "Thank you."

"Sure. Nate, all I did was buy you some time, so you should start thinking of how you'll explain this to Devin when you have to," he said.

I didn't want to. I mean, I knew Tom was right, and I always knew it would come down to that. I just wasn't ready to give up on all I ever thought of for the past two years, which was Devin. For some reason, I could still see it happening. Devin would come to his senses one day and see that I was always the one for him. Then I remembered that he'd eventually find out about the lie, and us ending up together was near to impossible.

"Crabs," Tom said, interrupting me from my own thoughts.

"Crabs?" I frowned.

He bit his lip nervously and jerked his head towards something behind me, "Don't freak out."

I turned around quickly, curious to see what was making Tom so nervous, when my eye fell upon a familiar looking figure.

"Crabs," I said, quickly turning away. "Remind me to sit facing the door next time."

I tried hiding my face with my hand, as Tom narrated Ian's movement.

"He's coming over here."

"You have to help me," I hissed.