1O. School play

With lazy steps you walked through the silent courtyard, it was quite early, yet you were late, as usual. A couple of yawns escaped from your mouth when you were in front of the door of gym number one, it was strangely silent. You raised an eyebrow, wincing at the creaking of the door thanks to the strange silence, the lights were off, which was suspicious, since the boys always used to arrive before you most of the time, so it would already be all set up.

Before you could press the light switch, it turned on, revealing how the pavilion had theatrical decorations scattered here and there, mostly cardboard stages that were easy to move. Surprised, you walked slowly, observing all the decoration, you were startled to hear how some accelerated footsteps were approaching you.

"Welcome princess!"

Your face went white when you saw Oikawa dressed in cheap armor and a blanket as a cape, he was also wearing a crown that you get free at Burger King for ordering a children's menu.

"What...?"

It was the only thing you managed to say when you saw your captain's ridiculous presentation, but before you could ask what was going on, an angry Iwaizumi came out of one of the cardboard scenes, dressed in another armor, with a tight breastplate and a cardboard sword tied at the waist.

"I'm not going to say that."

"Iwa-chan! You know we have to rehearse."

You watched as they both had a staring match, until Iwaizumi realized that it would be better to end this nonsense quickly. He knelt at you with a flush of embarrassment, taking your hand in a curtsy.

"It's a pleasure to have you back, maiden."

You bit your lip to keep from laughing in front of the ace, who was trying not to be more embarrassed than he already was.

"No, no, she isn't a maiden, she is a princess."

Oikawa threw some papers at his friend, causing him to get angry, he caught the papers before they hit him and threw them back, hitting Oikawa's face. You tried to speak so you could ask what the hell they were doing but then what appeared to be a cheap horse costume popped out of another of the painted pieces of cardboard.

"We want to change our character."

The horse split in half, the upper part came out Mattsun, taking off the animal's head, while Makki came out of the other part.

"We too, why do we have to be the bad guys?"

Yahaba and Kentaro wore black and red robes, as if they were from some kind of dark cult.

"I'm fine with my character!"

Kindaichi came out of his hiding place, Watarí followed him nodding, both seemed to be disguised as magicians. At this point you only wondered where and what Kunimi was. Then you saw how a decoration tree moved, you smiled seeing how Kunimi rubbed his eyes waking up from his nap.

"I'm fine being a tree, as long as you let me sleep."

You denied to the lazy boy, but you let him go, you also wanted to sleep at this time, but you just knew that you couldn't do it with those jerks hanging around, dressed as knights, horses and wizards. When you finally dared to ask, they answered that the team had been selected to do a play, and Oikawa, being the captain, decided that it would be about knights and ladies in distress, apparently he wanted his only manager, you, to act as a princess.

"No."

"But-"

"I'm not going to be the princess, what's more, I don't even want to participate."