𝟑. 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞?

Three hours before her death

"...Her bowel is severely damaged, and sooner or later, she'll go into septic shock."

"I don't understand." Toto said. 

"She is dying", the doctor finally replied, the words she already knew when he mentioned septic shock. Toto stood in disbelief as the doctor delivered the news. How could his teenager, who barely lived a life, be dying? 

"What do you mean she is dying?"

"Dad, I have sepsis," Isabel said weakly. "I'm not going to make it."

"No, no, you are going to make it," Toto said, trying to sound reassuring even as his heart broke. "We'll get you the best care possible."

But Isabel seemed to have accepted her fate. 

"Dad... I'm sorry." she said, removing her oxygen mask. Toto could see that her eyes had turned yellow, a sign of the sepsis spreading through her body. He took her hand and stroked her hair, trying to hold back his tears.

"It's not your fault, honey." he whispered. She caressed her dad's face as he cried.

"Dad, it's okay. I lived a good life. I have the best dad any daughter could ask for." Toto felt his heart break as he realised that he was going to lose his little girl. 

"No, no," he murmured. "It's not your time to go." Toto stayed by Isabel's side, holding her hand tightly, trying to believe that somehow, things would turn out differently. But deep down, he knew that he couldn't save her. No parent should ever have to outlive their child, and the thought of burying his daughter was too much to bear.

After a few minutes, Susie rushed into the room, her face a picture of fear and concern. She ran over to Isabel and embraced her tightly, holding her as she cried.

"I may not have given birth to you, but you were always my daughter." Susie said, showing her love and support.

Isabel smiled weakly at Susie, grateful for the love and support she had always shown her.

"Thank you for always being there for me, Mom," She tried to speak, but her voice was barely a whisper.

"I... love... you both..."

Toto and Susie held her close, tears streaming down their faces. They knew that the end was near. 

"How do I say goodbye?" Isabel thought, the reality of her impending death finally sinking in. She had so much left to do in life, so many dreams left unfulfilled. She had wanted to become a doctor, to save lives and help people, but now it was too late.

Toto leaned in close to Isabel and whispered, "We love you so much, sweetheart. You'll always be with us."

Isabel managed a weak smile, knowing that her father was trying to comfort her. But she also knew that soon she would be gone, leaving behind a world that she had only just begun to explore.

 But she also knew that soon she would be gone, leaving behind a world that she had only just begun to explore