silence.

you arrived home late at night since you were working some extra shifts for your new project. you were exhausted and ready to fall into deep hibernation, no questions asked.

leo was still up. you could see him from the hallway, right at the entrance. he was watching tv but he looked...angry? not angry, but kind of annoyed? you couldn't quite read his expressions, he was a hard person to read and quite understand.

you took off your coat and shoes and walked inside to the living room where leo was sitting on the couch. "hi leo, everything okay?" you leaned down to give him a peck on the cheek.

he pulled away quickly and looked at you as he stood up. you stood up as well and he was now facing you. "i know what you've been doing."

you chuckled dryly. "what're you talking about?" he looked at you with a serious expression on his face. "you think i don't know about the substance abuse? and your eating habits? i mean..god look at you. you look dead."

you sat down on the couch and looked up at him, your eyes wide. he was right though, you looked dead. you haven't been sleeping well, not eating well and using some pills and stuff which made you quickly addicted.

tears formed in your eyes quickly. you were not proud of yourself and the person you turned into. i mean, you had the best life possible. why were you doing this to yourself?

"why didn't you tell me anything?" was the last thing leo said before going upstairs to sleep. you ended up sleeping on the couch. or, not sleeping. more like, crying quietly all night until leo woke up.

he woke up, exercised as usual and later on took a shower. you tried to make a good breakfast for him to make up for last night. you made eggs, pancakes, cut some fruit, made coffee and everything leo liked.

you put it on the table and sat down waiting for leo. he eventually came out of the shower with freshly washed clothes and water dripping down his face a little. he saw the food on the table, but no expression.

he walked straight past you as if you weren't even there. he grabbed a bottle, filled it with water, put it in his bag and walked to the door.

you stood up quickly and walked to him. "leo where are you going?" he didn't answer, didn't even look at you. he grabbed his car keys and left the house without saying anything to you.

he slammed the door. you just kinda stood there, thats when you finally realized what this is. silent treatment. god how old is he to be giving me the silent treatment? you thought to yourself.

it'll be over soon. it'll be over. you kept repeating these words all day. you tried everything to get leo out of your head but you just couldn't.

you read a book, watched a movie, listened to music, baked, cleaned and everything possible but nothing helped.

why is he so angry? why can't he just talk to me about it? i know he has it difficult to talk about feelings but he can at least try. he's not a kid anymore. you wrote in your diary. you thought you were childish to
still own a diary but come on,
who cares.

you had prepared the food and put it in the dining room, as soon as you were finished, leo came in. he dropped his bag on the floor, took off his shoes and walked inside.

you sat down at the dining table, waiting for him. he sat across from you, but he didn't look at you and didn't say a single word to you. he just started eating.

your hands were on your thighs, you weren't eating and was looking down. suddenly, you felt like your miserable, pathetic and lonely 10-year-old self.

you remembered how your mom would give you the silent treatment whenever you did a slight mistake, even if it was not putting your shoes in the right place.

you remembered how your parents would give you the silent treatment and talk with your other siblings, laughing with them at the dinner table as you just sat there, your food untouched and cold.

you would run up the stairs and cry yourself to sleep, wishing and praying to god that your parents would stop ignoring you and just say a word. just a single word.

the silent treatment ruined your childhood. it made you feel weaker, sad, lonely, miserable and pathetic.

when all of these memories were coming back, you suddenly broke down, right then and there, in front of leo.

your tears flooded and flooded so fast to the point where you were choking on your own tears and even feeling the taste of them on your tongue. you put your head in your hands and tried to breathe evenly, but it didn't work.

you put your hands away, looked up at him and he saw your red, puffy eyes from yesterday. all that crying made your eyelids heavy.

you got up and walked to the bedroom, plopping yourself on the bed as you cried again. you put the pillow on your face to muffle your sobs. leo came in almost instantly stood right at the door and was staring, wide-eyed.

he sat next to you, removed the pillow roughly and held you. he pulled you to his chest where you cried and cried.

"im sorry, im so sorry angel." he kept repeating in his soft, quiet, comforting and gentle voice. you loved that voice. he kept repeating that until you fell asleep in his arms.

leo on the other hand, couldn't sleep all night because he felt so guilty for what he did to you. he knew what you had gone through yet he still gave you the silent treatment.

the next day, leo took the day off and made it up to you. you guys went out and then came back and forced leo to read a book for you because you love his voice a little too much.

A/N

finally back after my depression phase. 1038 words, wow. also, this isnt proofread so, sorry if theres grammar mistakes.

have a good day, show respect to earn respect, may God and Jesus help us all.
(im being sarcastic yall 😇🌟)