FOUR

~DAY ONE OF CUBA~

~FAYE~

Our flight was delayed for a couple hours, so by the time we arrive in Cuba it's around midnight.

Although it's dark and I'm exhausted, the beauty of the country is obvious. The people on the shuttle bus from the airport to the resort would probably have kicked me off if I'd exclaimed That's so pretty! one more time.

The resort is huge. There are a bunch of small, three-story hotels scattered on the property instead of one superlarge one with fifty floors. There are also three pools, two beaches on either side of the resort, and among other things, a large common area/lobby with couches and bars where people can hang out.

The seven of us are staying on the top floor of the same building. The room Lori and I are sharing has a perfect view of the beach in the distance. The five guys are across the hall from us, with three rooms shared between them. When I asked Adam who's getting the third room to themselves, he told me it depended on who would have "company" that night and needed the most privacy.

I almost vomited all over him.

I know Alessio, Dylan, and Kellan but have never met Dean, even though he's the same age as Adam and has apparently hung out with them before; he took Eli's ticket when he couldn't come. He's Dylan's cousin, and I can sort of see the resemblance between him and Dylan. Dean's definitely sexy, I'll give Lori that, but I'd never have thought he was her type. She's always had a crush on my brother, and he looks nothing like Dean.

My brother is all light with blond hair and hazel eyes, lean and tall, and honestly, he's kind of mean. Dean, however, has got that dark hair going for him. He's tall and muscular, and superfriendly and approachable. I'd wonder how they were even friends, except that Kellan is Adam's exact opposite as well, and they're best friends.

Maybe friendly people are attracted to mean people to balance out? I don't know. But if Adam had a group of friends all moody and bitchy like him at the house all the time, I'd jump out the window, so I can't complain. This has all worked out for the best, since I don't like Eli anyway, and now I can scheme to get Lori to at least kiss Dean by the end of this week.

We go to bed once we're all checked in, so we don't get to explore, but I set an alarm for 6:30 a.m. At 6:31, I'm jumping on Lori's bed, yelling at her to wake up so we can leave the room.

She throws the remote control at me, but I'm persistent, and we get breakfast about half an hour later.

The resort is huge, and the warm morning sun kisses my face as we wander around. Everyone is friendly, both the workers and the other guests, waving hello to us as we pass by. Beautiful palm trees, which are starkly different to the full pine trees I'm used to back home in Toronto, are growing all over.

We don't see the guys for most of the day, either because they're avoiding us or they're still sleeping, but no way am I missing precious time in the sun.

Eventually, we plant our butts on beach chairs on beautiful white sand, with a perfect view of the crystal clear ocean, and that's where we stay for most of the day. I'm working on my tan, eyes closed and headphones in, and Lori's beside me reading a book and being boring.

Freezing cold water hits my body, jerking me out of my tranquil state. "Ahh!"

I rip out my headphones and glare at the source of my discomfort, which is, of course, Kellan. He has an empty water bottle in his hand and an annoying smile plastered on his face.

"What?" I ask flatly, wiping the water off my stomach.

He grows visibly delighted at my annoyed tone. If he wasn't so damn hot, I'd push him into the sand.