Chapter 9: Joint Operation and The Parpaldian Empire

Authors Note: Here it is. A full map of Post-America in NHS. This time with the size of the continent being proportionate.

Also quick note, despite the year the Post-Americans emerged from, their technology is 20-30 years ahead than what a normal 2060s civilization would be because of the constant war-like state of their world and the needing of more and more advanced war machines. That's why anti-magic devices exist and was used last part.

September 26th, 2066 (1639). Fenn Sea Territory, Fenn.

As Douglass, the captain of the CNS Theodore Roosevelt saw the Juneau, he gave off a stern expression, while the radio operator tried to communicate with it to no avail. "Try to communicate with them using Morse code. Their radio communications seem to be off." The radio operator said as he continuously tried contacting the Juneau. "Maybe they're undergoing radio silence and can't communicate with us because of the fear of enemy interception." Douglass said. 

"On the surface that seems like a reasonable explanation. With the Qua-Towns,", "Qua-Toynians", "Whatever the hell, having magical communication devices that can be able to connect to our radio. However, considering the fact that they went missing before first contact, and the assumption that they might have been just sitting there for a month. Yeah, they would probably be yelling at us on the radio channels right this instant." The captain looked at the radio operator. "But they aren't."

"Exactly." The quartermaster interjects as he wears a pair of goggles. "Was the Juneau at any... feudal era related convention when it disappeared?" The quartermaster asks. "No, it was with the 5th naval group of the Pacific-Canterian International, casually patrolling the Bering Sea. The last time and only time it was at any convention was in 2061." The radio operator said. "I was there actually, it was related to the naval battles in the Mediterranean during WW3-", "So why the fuck are people in feudal Japanese clothing on that ship?" The blood of the radio operator and Douglass run cold immediately as, a few minutes beforehand, they saw a town reminiscent to a ancient Japanese town.

A cannon shot suddenly rings out from the ANS Juneau with the shell hitting the radar system on the Vladivostok as well as a CWIS system. In response the San Jose fires off all of its cannons towards the Juneau, hitting all of the turrets and disabling them. "So they've gone insane?" Thomas says as he watches the chaotic scene unfold. "Eh, I wouldn't say so. Unless they were at a convention, they shouldn't have feudal Japanese clothing." Mason said right after he put the goggles back on.

"Feudal Japanese clothing? The fuck are you seeing?" Thomas said, confused. Meanwhile behind them, Californian and Alaskan marines are running along the deck, semi-surprised at the turn of events that has unfolded. However it doesn't distract them from their orders to assemble a boarding party to raid the ANS Juneau. "Well, there's people with feudal Japanese clothing who have swords out and several Alaskan crew members on that ship." Mason says.

"...ah yes. People with swords out aboard a military vessel and less- ok. Aren't we seeing a possible fucking hostage situation here?" Thomas says. "Yea, we are." Mason said, not processing Thomas's words correctly, however when he does he goes wide eyed. "WAIT, YOU SAID WHAT!?" Mason yells as he looks towards the Juneau. "More armaments than the coast guard, yet no on board weapons eh? Could've just pulled a Gatling gun from a CWIS system, but that would have been a hell to lug-"

Thomas feels a sudden pull on his shoulder that dragged him across the wooden floor of the deck. "Hey- woah what the fuck?" Thomas said as Mason continued dragging him, albeit slowly now that Thomas put some resistance in his pulling. "We're part of the raiding squads! Get your ass up!" Mason yells. Thomas, now getting an order on his radio, decided to follow along.