I can't push it any further. I'd be a dick if I did. So I do what I think is best, move on. 

"Why are you here?" I ask, trying to appear far less interested in the conversation now. Perhaps even showing that his sentence didn't phase me. However, looking at him now. This new light shining on him, this new information I've received but never asked for, I almost feel bad being an asshole. Almost. 

The Prince tells me I'm being too loud as I find out he lives in the quarters ahead of mine. His words are all muffled as ideas start sparking in my mind. Left, right, and center. 

I ask him for forgiveness and assure him the music will be dealt with. He turns, walking back to his dorm, and I watch him until the door is finally shut. Closing my door, I slowly turn to look at Sapnap, who's paid no attention to the conversation I've just had. Instead, he's on his phone, watching videos about Surrey's latest field hockey game. 

"Sapnap, another drink!" I yell, turning the music up louder than it was before. We sing along to the music and talk out of our asses until there's no energy left in us. As I fall asleep, I think back to the Prince, hoping he's gotten just as little sleep as I have. 

***

Computer Science happens to be one of my favorite classes, apart from English. If I wasn't so fixated on the English language and how intricate it was, I'd be far more focused on languages like Python and Java. 

"Dream, you're coming tonight, right?" I turn to see one of the prestigious models from the early 2000s son. 

"Finn, when have I ever not come to an East Wing party?" I ask him with a smirk, to which he returns and speaks again. 

"Good, it's not a party if Dream Carter doesn't show up." His words immediately boost my ego, and I feel on top of the world again. 

The class ends after we learn some new coding methods, and as soon as class is dismissed, I head to football practice. 

Again, George may have bruised my ego at this school, but the one place he'd never take my spotlight was in sports. I took pride in my position as the captain of the football team. I remember trying out my first year here with Sapnap, and although both of us got in, Sapnap found his calling in field hockey a semester later. 

Practice went by faster than I had expected and since George's arrival. A part of me wanted practices to go on forever. It felt almost as if I had time-traveled back to before the Prince's arrival. When things were normal, people wanted to be around me, talk to or talk about me. That was only at football practices now. 

Once it was over, it was over, and I found myself back in my dorm room, shifting through my clothes after a long and hot shower. 

"Who's ready to party!" Sapnap screamed as he burst through our door. 

I turn to look at him with a humorous smile. "How fucking embarrassing would that have been for you if I wasn't in the room?"

"But you were in the room. I always know when you're in the room," he insists.

"Oh really now?" I ask, leaning against my closed wardrobe. "And how did you know I would be in here today?" I challenge as I see him grabbing his towel to head to the shower. 

"There's school, you being you; you get the invite," he starts. "You also being you, you accept the invite, you feel like your dick's grown four sizes bigger because your ego's fucking sky high. You do good in football because of said ego, and you're so fucking pumped now that all you want to do is get ready and get shitfaced." He's staring at me now with a confident smile. He knows he's right. How could he be wrong? Sapnap's had me all figured out since we were twelve; since then, it's been smooth sailing for him in this friendship.