Abhishek cleared his throat making her snap out of her thoughts. She sat on her chair before asking him to take a seat.

"What is that you want Mr.Malhotra?" She asked sharply not wanting to beat around the bushes.

"You have changed alot Ruhi" he spoke bitterly not liking the tone she used.

"Is that what you wanted to talk about Mr. Malhotra. Then i am afraid i have other works to do. And it's Miss Ruhi for you. We are not in name bases" she said sternly.

"Uh yeah umm how are you" he tried making conversation with her.

"That is least concerned by you. How i am. Get straight to the point. Or leave" she said.

"I--um actually I wanted to say we both know that the project is going to be given to either one of us. I want a favour please . I want you to back down from the project i am in urgent need of money. And this investment is really important for me. You are already stable it won't be much of your loss. Please i am in the need of money" he spoke lowly.

"Shameless are we Mr. Malhotra. If you wanted this project so badly you should have worked hard as i did. I don't do pity work Mr. And whatever your need is not my concern. You should have worked for it" she said authoritively.

"I-- please miss ruhi i am in desperate need of money. My son *gulp* he has been suffering from a deadly disease since the day he was born. He hasn't left hospital. Doctors are loosing hope. But i can't do that i am a father. All my money went for his treatment. I couldn't concentrate in work. The investors of my company backed out from investing after seeing my downfall. Mayra left her job. She is depressed seeing our son like that. We are not in a good condition. I need money for my son's treatment. The hopes was low but how can a father give up. Please" he cried wanting to make her understand. He was surprised seeing the new Ruhi she was always kind hearted then she changed. She would never back out from helping anyone.

"As i said, you should have worked hard. I can't let go my employees hardwork because you are in desperate need. people push themselves in different zone when desperate. I don't see you pushing yourself. Rather than crying here work better on your project" she said leaving no room of discussion. It was suffocating her seeing his crying face. Bitterness settled her heart.

She can't let a child die because of whatever his parents did. But she can't make it look like she helped him it may seem she still cares. She doesn't want that. Her words were rude but true. People go to extent when desperate and she knew Abhishek hasn't shown his best yet. But if only she knew that only Ruhi Verma had that power to encourage him and bring the best out of him.

Mayra did helped him but she wasn't from business field, all she could do was comfort him. He didn't wanted that he needed support and ideas just like Ruhi gave him always when he was clueless. His professional side needed a support like Ruhi. But again it's just professional side. He was happy in his personal life. Just his son's disease was the problem. He sometimes felt like God was punishing them for betraying Ruhi. Maybe it was true. He remembered what she said before leaving. Karma will punish them. And it did. He would have happily taken all the punishment but he can't take a single thing against his son.

"I know that but please i need your help" he tried again.

"Why don't you ask help from your so called friends. Vo toh hamse bi jada sage the aapke" she chuckled bitterly.

"They backed out. I am sorry ruhu for whatever i did but please save my son. My world revolves around him please" his head hung low as a left his eyes.

"The decision will be made by Mr. Veer and i can't go against it. Moreover I don't do charity work. You may leave now" she spoke coldly before getting up from her seat and turned her back at him.