- IX -

wordcount: 2.311

A/N

Hey hey! Sorry for the long-awaited update! But here it finally is, and I have to say.. it's a good one in my opinion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere on top of a Canyon rock, Tatooine

"Do you feel anything?" Cal asks, while Anakin is trying his best to focus. He shakes his head no. "What are you thinking about?" A deep exhale leaves Anakin's mouth, as he opens his eyes and his head bows down in despair. They've been trying to find some sort of connection with the Force for hours now, speeding to different locations. "be-be-be-be beweep?" Six softly nudges Anakin's thigh. "I'm alright, buddy." He pads the droid's head assuringly. Cal has moved from opposite to next to Anakin, with the droid in between them. "Let's rest, is there anywhere we can a drink?" Anakin thinks for a moment. "Depends on the type of drink.." Cal chuckles. "I know it might seem useless, with Jedi stuff there's always a lesson to learn. Even for you. We'll get there.. eventually." Cal stands up and reaches out his hand, helping Anakin up as well. "Have you ever had a frozen shake?" Anakin asks, remembering the shakes they had at Silena's former workplace. Anakin hops on the pod-speeder, with Cal behind him, and they zoom off to Mos Eisley. Where Anakin parks the speeder, and they start walking to Enzo's on the other side of town.

Mos Eisley, Tatooine

"Hey! Anakin was it, right?" They're greeted by Enzo himself. "That's correct." Anakin smiles at the sight of the familiar face. "What can I do for you?" "We'd like some refreshments and maybe a bite to eat." Anakin motions to Cal walking up behind him. "Yeah, of course, take a seat. Wes will come to take your order." Enzo states as he's rushing back into the kitchen. It's a busy time with the Boonta Eve Classics in just a few days. "Lyna told me you've raced before?" Cal asks Anakin, curiously as they sit down at an empty table. "When I was younger, yeah. I won too." Cal's eyes widen in awe. "That's pretty cool. So I'm sitting with a legend here?" Anakin chuckles at the statement. "I don't think anybody here would recognise me anymore." He looks down. "Unfortunately.." He mumbles to himself quietly, but apparently just loud enough for Cal to hear. "Why didn't you continue racing?" "I guess work got in the way. I don't know.. really." "Well, it's never to late to get back on it again. It could be the perfect distraction for this mission to work out..?" Cal's suggestion lingers in Anakin's thoughts. Entering in a Pod racing again? It would be very thrilling! And imagine winning a second time! Racing has always been an in-the-back-of-my-mind dream for Anakin, so Cal's suggestion involuntarily ignites a spark in Anakin's eyes. "Plus, I would love to see you race myself." Cal adds. "Hello, what can I get you guys?" Wes walks up to the table, ready to take their order. "Hey, uhm.. two frozen shakes and a franikhad for me." Anakin orders, looking up at Wes. "I'd like one of those too." Cal adds. "No problem, coming right up!" With that Wes gets to work in the kitchen, taking some more orders on the way.

Cal and Anakin finish up their food and shakes almost two hours later. Time in which they made a plan of action for the rest of the day. First, go to Mos Espa to pick up Kitster. Afterward head to the Mos Espa Arena, to sign up to enter the pod-race. Update Master Kenobi on the 'distraction' plan. And finally continues constructing a lightsaber for Anakin. With that all clear, they make their way to their first destination; Nayama's Speeder Repair Shop.

Mos Espa, Tatooine

Where they find Kitster is laying underneath a speeder in front if the shop. "Hey, Kit." Anakin greets him, kneeling down. "Ani! Hi!" He rolls out from under the speeder, and stands up to greet his friend. "Is it visit Kitster day or something?" They greet each other with their usual handshake. "Sil came by earlier. Talking about some Jedi-related mission. I'm assuming that's why you're here too?" He asks. "Sort of.. We wanted to ask you for some help." Anakin starts, motioning over to Cal standing behind him. "I'm gonna sign up for the race." He adds. "Are you really? That's brave on such short notice." Kitster walks over to a sink nearby to clean his hands. "I know, but we've done last-minute preparations before." Kitster looks around the shop, inspecting the materials and parts laying around for a good second. "Well.." He starts. "You're in luck, a broken down speeder bike was brought in this morning. It should still be in the back. I can turn it into a pod, not sure about the engines.." "We'll figure that out." Anakin finishes the sentence. "Great! I guess I'll get to work then." "We have something to finish up, but I'll come help as soon as possible." Anakin slaps a hands on Kitster's shoulder, pulling him in for a shoulder bump hug. "See ya!" Now that that's settled, Anakin and Cal head off into the vast desert.