She Who Rules the Sea

Start from the beginning

Dawson let out a low chuckle, and Harry silenced him with a glare.

"Okay, so," said Maggie, hands on the map, "this is the deepest part of the ocean. The Ginevra palace lies at the bottom of the ocean, and it's connected to this cave...here."

"Sorry, I know I'm not allowed to speak, but wasn't that where we first met?" Harry turned to Ezi, who nodded.

"Yes. Correct. So your beach house was right...here." She tapped her finger on the map.

"We need to get Ezi back to the palace, and we can do so through this cave," said Maggie.

"But Ezi doesn't have her tail anymore." All eyes shifted to Dawson, who froze. "Sorry, am I allowed to speak? I know I'm new here."

"No, you're not allowed to speak."

"Harry." Ezi nudged Harry with her elbow and to Dawson, she smiled. "Good point, Dawson. But I think I just need to get to that cave and I can call for my mother or sister to appear."

"They will know when you're there anyway. The Sea Queen keeps track of all of her subjects. Besides, they are after this, remember?" Maggie said, pointing at Harry's chest.

Fear formed a thick lump in Ezi's throat as she tried to swallow it down. She looked over at Harry, expecting some sort of reaction from him, but his calm expression remained, which troubled her even more. She wondered if he was just pretending like he was fine because he wanted to appear brave and unafraid for her, whilst deep down, he was very much afraid.

"We can use my private jet to get to the island," she heard him say when she snapped out of her own head. "It's bad for the environment, but we're all dying anyway."

"You're dying. We still have a long way to go."

"Maggie," complained Ezi, and Maggie rolled her eyes.

"He just talks a lot of shit sometimes."

"I'm sorry," Harry said, sarcastically. "I'm the only one here beside Ezi who has the right to talk shit. The Sea Queen wants to rip my heart out because I'm in love with her daughter."

"Allegedly," Ezi murmured, eyes on the map, but she could imagine Harry frowning.

"Whether you like it or not, I love you and your mother wishes to kill me."

"Can we do this another time?" Maggie interrupted. "Harry, call your ride."

"Oh, I already did. Niall's on his way."

"Niall?" exclaimed Ezi. "You told Niall about this."

"Well, he doesn't know you're a mythical creature. He thinks we're fleeing the country because everyone thinks you're a gold digger and I'm a fool. So we're like Harry and Meghan in a way."

"What? Who's Meghan?"

"If we make it out alive, I'll educate you on the royal family. Ours is even more fucked up than yours. Oh, Niall just texted me." Harry pulled out his phone and his face transformed into a scowl. "He said he's stuck in traffic and wants us to take the tube???"

Ezi shivered as she recalled the first and last time she was on the tube. It wasn't fun as it sounded. "I'm not riding the tube. It's smelly and hot."

"Pretty sure there's a train strike and TFL wouldn't care if Harry Styles and his friends were on their way to save a kingdom."

"Or just get a cab?" Dawson finally spoke after being silent the whole time.

Everyone exchanged looks and unenthusiastically agreed.