"May mga possible markers ba kung nasaan 'yong dating airport na 'yon, capt?" Kathleen asked, clearly gaining ideas and influences to be added to an already outlined storyline for the shooting.

Capt. Zablan just shrugged and answered, "None. Just the crash site ng kay Magsaysay sa Balamban; but wala na sigurong natira na remnants ng dating airport. Coincidentally, 'yong hotel na naka-set ng airlines for layover crews and sa atin ngayon had been on that area, too."

"Sayang naman 'yong gano'ng piece of history."

"Yes. But that's practically part of the evolution of time. Everything will sooner or later be gone; all we can hope is that someone remembers that we once exist."

I don't need to be too bright to connect a few dots and dare to risk exploring more. That on the way to the hotel, I search for 'the said airport from where Magsaysay departed before his death', and this time, Google didn't fail me to give the details that it had been Lahug Airfield.

I take a bite of the ice cream and then sigh heavily. I am not hopeless that I am running away from that of my dreams, but just the knowledge how my dreams and my reality is starting to have no boundary is creeping like some scary feeling down my skin.

It is true that I remember my dreams; that only lead me to not doubt myself in thinking that the Lahug Airfield here is the same one that César had mentioned to have come from for who knows how long their deployment had been before returning back to Manila. And finding how futile I am concerning dates between here and there, I didn't take the risk of even searching once more about World War II and just let the present time matter than that of the past.

My phone beeps and vibrates, and upon checking my recently received text message, it seems like Lara, another one from our promotion team, asks me where I am for lunch. I take a quick snap of my current view here by the seaside, ensuring that I capture a good view of the CCLEX bridge, sending it to her and telling her that I already had my lunch. A few seconds later, I receive a reply from her saying that I must take care and enjoy the rest of my free-day today, and I shall definitely join them for dinner.

I didn't answer back and just return back my phone deep in my pockets. It isn't that I am not close with my colleagues but seeing them, like the rest of the flight and cabin crews, are like reminders to my dreams; as they are also present in it, though only in flashes and fleeting ones compared to a respective few. I am starting to fear my own sanity if that dreamscape continues; however, in a way, it is also like some sort of an escape.

After finishing my ice cream, I finally decide to face the rest of my realities' fears.

* * *

'Di ba't sabi ko na iaabot ko lang 'yong coat and we're back to being professionals with one another? Pero tangina... parang imposible kapag si Elian ang concern!

"Ah. Hindi mo naman kailangan labhan pa," he says after taking the well-packed newly cleaned and neatly folded coat from me. The two of us crossed paths at the ground floor's elevator hall—the classic moment that I am returning back to my floor, and him planning to walk out of the hotel. Now, the two of us are at the lobby, having this rather awkward conversation. "And akala ko talaga hindi mo na rin ibabalik dahil mukhang iniiwasan mo ako dahil sa sinabi ko."

"No. Ibabalik ko rin talaga. Hindi ko pa lang nahahanapan ng pagkakataon na ipa-laundry bago ibalik sa iyo. Noong una, hindi ko na talaga dapat ipapalaba at ibabalik na rin kaagad, pero hindi na kita naabutan no'n sa may elevator," I answer. "Pasensya na kung ngayon ko lamang naibalik."

"It's fine." He sighs heavily and opens the package himself. Standing from his seat and wearing the jacket right now over his smart casual attire, he takes a quick sniff of the collar and then asks me, "What time is the schedule for the photoshoot tomorrow?"