☆twenty two☆

dahlia and rudy arrived at the party together, dahlia was happy that although he was technically her ex; he was still her best friend.

upon arriving she greeted her friends, hugging them all and engaging in happy conversation. she almost forgot about drew; almost.

moments later; drew arrived with megan glued to his side. "i'm sorry i had no clue he would bring her, i figured last years rules still applied" carlacia apologized.

"don't worry about it" dahlia smiled "i'm just gonna be the bigger person".

after a couple hours, dahlia went off on her own. she sat in carlacia's backyard with her feet dipped in the pool as she smoked a cigarette, she heard the sliding glass door open but didn't look back to see who it was.

drew sat down beside her, slipped his feet into the pool and put his middle and index finger out to ask for her cigarette.

dahlia passed it to him "hey" she exhaled the smoke.

"i think you forgot to give me a proper greeting when i got here" he teased.

"right... yeah i forgot" she nodded.

"you look really good dee" he announced "like... really good".

"i know" she smirked "you look good too" she then mumbled.

"i heard about you and rudy, i'm sorry you guys didn't work out" he consoled.

"are you?" she asked.

"no... no i'm not" he shook his head smiling "i mean i want you to be happy i was just-"

"jealous?" she asked.

drew nodded "yeah... jealous"

"you're engaged drew" she explained.

"yeah... i am" he nodded.

suddenly, rudy came out of the side door and began to smoke a joint. he hadn't even noticed drew and dahlia.

they sat in silence for a while, they would have called rudy over but that might have been weird considering the circumstances.

after about ten minutes; the side door opened again, this time megan came outside. drew and dahlia watched in silence.

"aren't you gonna offer me some of that?" she slurred.

"uh... no megan... no i'm not" rudy shook his head.

"why not?!" she pouted.

"oh let's see... because i don't like you" he shrugged.

"why?" she asked again.

"because you treated my ex like shit and got my best friend to turn on her" he explained.

megan moved closer to rudy "oh come on" she wrapped her hands around his neck "i know what you really want"

rudy tried to push megan away "you're engaged to drew... and i HATE you" he rejected her.

megan continued to kiss rudy's neck. rudy finally pushed her off "megan. fuck off!" he yelled storming back into the house.

dahlia looked at drew, drew looked shocked. before dahlia could say anything; drew leaned in and kissed her... she kissed him back.