"What?" I tilted my head confused.

"I'm a vegetarian." He said plainly, taking another bite of his no meat burger. My eyes pinched, brows furrowing with them with a shake of my head.

"I've seen you eat meat."

"No." He shook his head.

"No, because remember when we got chinese food when I moved into my apartment? You had meat on your food. It was chicken." I attested, my voice had an upward flick of defense to it.

"Nope," He shook his head again, "I'm a vegetarian."

"Oh..." I frowned, setting my burger down.

Even just the smallest detail made me believe that I didn't know Harry as well as I thought I did. To think that I was in love with someone that I thought I knew more. I should've known that. At this point, I felt like I should've known more about him. I put my half empty plate onto the coffee table, rubbing my full stomach with a sigh.

I wasn't hungry anymore.

"Mum woke up this morning." Harry changed the subject, but there was a slight shake to his voice as he picked at the fries on his plate.

"How is she?" I matched the gentleness of his voice.

"She's gonna get better, I have hope. It was hard to see though," He paused, taking a bite of a fry before tossing it down onto his plate, "Her withdrawals are pretty severe, but they have her on some medicine to hopefully soothe it."

I nodded softly. I wished that I could console him, or at least know how to in this situation. If it was up to me, I'd wave a magic wand and make all of our problems go away so me and him could be happy and not as miserable as we are now.

"You done with your food?" Harry asked with a flick of his wrist towards my plate.

My phone buzzed next to me, causing me to look down at it curiously. I hummed to him softly, nodding my head as I took the phone into my hands. Harry stood from the couch, taking the plates and disappearing into the kitchen to clean up.

My heart fell when I saw the words across my phone.

'DAD!'

"Fuck," I whispered to myself, shuffling to my knees on the couch as I straightened with panic, "Shit, shit."

The phone kept ringing, but I was scared to answer it. If I didn't answer it then it would look suspicious. I've always answered his calls and I still don't know what the state my mom is in either. Fuck, what if he found her dead at the bottom of the stairs?

I couldn't waste anymore time.

"Dad, hi!" I tried to sound chipper, but my voice wavered with nerves.

"Hi, Anna dear. Have you spoke to your mother recently? She's not been answering her phone."

"Oh?" My hand started to shake, but I clutched the throw pillow beside me and placed it firm in my lap as I shook my head, "Are you—are you not home? I haven't talked to her..."

"I'm afraid not. I'm visiting the grandparents right now. They say hello, by the way. They miss you," He paused, causing my heart rate to slow. Maybe I had a chance to do something before he got home. He usually stayed for a week with them before coming home. "I'll be home in a couple hours. I'm about to leave to head back."

Fuck.

"Okay, I'll go check on her," I rushed out as I stood to my shaky feet, "And I miss them too. I'll—I'll call you later, dad. Okay?"