He came up the steps onto the porch, wrapping one arm around my back as he kissed my forehead carefully. It was nice to have him back.

"As good as it can be." He said shortly, patting my bum softly, "It's cold outside, get inside before you catch a cold."

"Okay, I'm sorry," I grabbed the blanket from the bench and followed Harry into the house from behind. He shed his coat off, hanging it on the hook by the door before running a hand through his hair. "Are you hungry?"

He shot me a scolding glance, "Have you not eaten?"

I bit back a guilty smile with a shrug.

Coffee is a breakfast, right?

"Coffee is not a breakfast." He rolled his eyes at the empty cup on the table before picking it up and disappearing into the kitchen.

How could he read my mind like that?

I'll never understand it.

There were sounds of clutter in the kitchen, peaking my curiosity as I slowly tread into the old room where the light from the window shined onto Harry who was rummaging through the cabinets.

"Whatcha doing?" I sang along as I leaned my body against the counter, flicking my leg up playfully.

"Making breakfast." Harry said as he got some pans out.

"Like?"

Harry was still rummaging as if he was looking for a certain something. He mumbled to himself with pinched brows, finally letting out a 'ah!' once he pulled out a cloth from the kitchen closet. He shook it out, showing that it was a blue and pink apron. He didn't think twice before wrapping it around his body.

"Pancakes, probably. Do you have anything else in mind?" Harry started bringing out the ingredients one by one.

"I'm not in the mood for breakfast food. What about burgers and fries?" I hummed out.

He shot me another glaring look, as if I had just offended him, "Burger and fries?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"It's ten in the morning." He stated bluntly.

"Yes?" I questioned with a tilt of my head.

"You're a weird one, Angel," He shook his head with a soft chuckle as he searched the fridge for just that, "Go wait in the living room. I'll bring you your food once it's done."

I mocked his words back to him as I turned on my feet and left the kitchen. For a moment, everything seemed normal and I liked that. Normal is what I've always wanted with Harry, but we all aren't that lucky. I was taking this in as much as I could because I didn't know how long until things took another left turn. In truth, that was why I couldn't bring myself to be around Harry. We were not normal.

All my life I've been just as normal as the girl in school that wore chevron and sprayed too much Spring Blossom perfume on. That is how normal I was. I never considered myself an outcast. So, with everything that's been happening, I was trying to adjust; but what if I didn't want to adjust? What if I just wanted to be normal?

Without the chevron.

Thirty minutes later Harry was walking into the living room with a plate full of fries and a burger that sat nicely next to them. I said a small 'thank you' and started to dig into my food. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I started to eat, but I also couldn't help but notice that Harry's burger looked weird. Odd, even.

"Why's your burger look like that?" I said through the corners of my mouth with food still stuck in my cheek.

"Mm?" He chewed, staring up at the TV before glancing towards me and pointing towards his food, "Plant based."