Chapter 26: This Party Sucks

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): Koneko...

Koneko: Yeah, it was me.

(Y/N) jumped again as the girl came out to the balcony and went to Rias.

Rias: Koneko, you should be resting now.

(Y/N): Yeah, especially after the effort I put in to help you do so easily.

Koneko: You got rid of my... nightmares?

(Y/N): If that's what they were, then yeah. It's a spell my mother created and taught me. She calls it 'Touch of Family'. It only works if you truly care for the person you use it on.

Koneko looked down with a small hint of red on her cheeks.

Koneko: Thanks.

Rias: *sigh* That's enough for now. Koneko, you should get as much rest as you can before the ball tonight.

Koneko: Yes ma'am.

She turned and left back into her room with Rias following her, leaving (Y/N) to his thoughts on the balcony.

__________________________

The time of the ball had finally come and chatter was heard through the Gremory manor's ballroom. There were many high-class devils milling around and talking to each other as they waited for the VIPs to arrive. In one corner of the room, Rias' peerage was all gathered and looking around at the devils around them.

Xenovia: I've never seen this many satan-class devils in one place before, it's quite incredible.

Rias: Just please be careful not to offend anyone tonight.

Rias then walked toward them wearing a strapless red dress and her hair tied in a bun with Akeno following behind wearing a traditional Japanese kimono.

Kiba: Hey, where's (Y/N)? I haven't seen him around.

Just as his name was invoked, the boy himself appeared behind Rias.

(Y/N): I'm here. Had to tell a few stuck-up pricks to piss off to do so, but I'm here.

Rias sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance as she turned to face him.

Rias: My one request was that you didn't off... end... any--

She stopped speaking entirely after she had fully taken in what stood in front of her.

(Y/N) stood in front of her wearing a full, black suit with a coat hung around his shoulders, accompanied by his all-so-familiar scarf

(Y/N) stood in front of her wearing a full, black suit with a coat hung around his shoulders, accompanied by his all-so-familiar scarf. It was clear he had tried to tame his messy hair, but the best he could do was clean it up so it didn't look tangled. Rias couldn't stop herself from looking the boy over from top to bottom multiple times before he finally got her attention again.

(Y/N): --as? Rias?! You ok?

Rias: *looking away, blushing* Y-yes. J-just please don't s-say that to anyone else while we're here.