Chapter 26: This Party Sucks

Start from the beginning

(Y/N) pulled her into a hug and let her cry into his chest as he gently stroked her hair.

(Y/N): I won't leave you, I promise. And as proof.

He brought his wings out and in front of him. He reached for a feather and plucked it off. He gently handed it to Reyna, who took it in both hands.

(Y/N): Here's a little bit of me to always be with you. As long as you have this, I'll never leave your side.

She looked at the feather with now clear eyes before holding to her chest. (Y/N) smiled and picked her lips in affection, making her blush red with a smile on her face.

________________

(Y/N): Sonnova-- Why is this place too Dam big?

Later that day, (Y/N) was walking through the halls of the Gremory Estate. He was lost after trying to get back to his room after a small talk with Azazel about the reception.

(Y/N): I swear, I need a map of this place or something.

He continued through the winding halls passing door after door until coming upon one that had a paw print hanging on a sign from it.

(Y/N): Must be Koneko's room... I should check up on her, hopefully, she's awake at least.

He knocked on the door and got no response. He gently pushed it open and light flooded into one half of the dark room. He saw a large bed with curtains around it against the wall. HE contemplated going further in before he heard a small groan of pain from the bed's inhabitant. (Y/N) took the reluctant steps toward the bed and saw Koneko asleep. She looked uncomfortable and was constantly twisting and turning. He gently put the back of his hand to her forehead to get a read on her temp.

(Y/N): Hmmm. Higher than normal. Maybe I could help.

He then cupped her cheek and a warm, orange glow came from it as Koneko slowly stopped squirming and her face relaxed. Once she was still, he noticed two white objects on her head: cat ears.

(Y/N): What the--

Rias: Well, I guess that cat's out of the bag.

(Y/N) slightly jumped and turned toward the door where Rias was standing. She gave him a shushing motion and made another follow her onto the balcony. Once both of them were out there, (Y/N) closed the door and turned to Rias.

(Y/N): Rias! S-sorry. I got lost and came across her room, and I figured I'd at least check on her.

Rias: No, I came here to do that myself. How is she?

(Y/N): She had a fever and seemed very uncomfortable. It looks like I was able to help with both of those problems. She's sleeping peacefully now.

Rias: Good. She deserves it. The reason she's been training so hard is that she's trying to fight her own power, which is essentially herself.

(Y/N): But why? I know better than most people fighting your true nature is more damning than accepting it.

Rias:... Some time ago there were two Nekomata sisters. The two were orphaned, but they had people to depend on in each other. Eventually, a devil came along and took them in. The elder of the two became his servant and was able to give them both good lives. But the devil power in the elder sister caused her to lose control, and she killed their master and disappeared. She became so powerful, she decimated an entire eradication force sent after her. Now fearing the younger sister, many devils demanded she was killed before she could follow her sister. But my brother stopped them and took her under his wing. He then gave her to me to be one of my servants in hopes that I could help her. I remember the first thing I did, was give her a proper name.