Chapter 6: Alone

"Ayaka," Muzan chides from his seat on the bed as he embraces me, "I'm not going to be around for a few weeks, I'm so sorry, and I know I've been busy, but it's important."

I sigh, arching my eyes into a frustrated glare and folding my arms, making a pouting face with a huff.

"What's so important, Muzan?" I hiss in annoyance, "I feel like you're drifting further and further apart. I'm fed up with this, you're hardly around, I can't deal with it."

"Ayaka," murmurs Muzan sadly, "give me three weeks, maybe four. I need to get some things in order with the uppermoons, and I need to visit some demons to kill off the week, and increase my numbers."

I storm out of the room, slamming the door behind me. The layers of the infinity fortress turn and weave, winding until I reach the exit.

I snap my fingers once, and the doors open, sending me falling onto the dusty ground of Asakusa. I don't really know what compelled me to come here when I was sad, there was just something peaceful about blending into the bustling and consuming crowds. Something anonymous. Something nostalgic.

My feat lead me forward as if I'm in a trance, leading me in the direction of the bar I'd went to with Muzan. I never was great with directions.

Somehow, I find myself in a back alley without realizing it, and I'm startled back to my sentences when I hear the sickening crack of bones and a tearing of flesh. I glance up, and am met with a pair of green kanji embroidered eyes staring at me.

"You," whispers Daki from her crouched position on the ground, ripping of another bite of flesh, "what are you doing here?"

"I don't know," I say, scuffing up a bit of dirt, "I could ask you the same, Daki."

"I'm here on business," Daki snaps, "what, did Muzan send you here? God, it's like life hates me, damn it. You here to gloat? You know, I really thought he liked me. He was just playing me. You're so damn lucky. What the hell do you have that I don't? I did everything to make him love me, and you just waltz in out of nowhere like you own the whole world. You're- you're so sickeningly human, but you're cruel and you're everything he wanted me to be. Why couldn't he have loved me?"

A single tear slides out of my eye. He doesn't love me, I really thought he did, but I'm just a pawn to him. I wipe the tear from my face, putting on a poker face. I won't be weak. I won't be ignored. He can't expect me to ignore his absence in my life, can he? Two can play this game, Muzan.

"You really want to know what I have that you don't," I say condescendingly, walking towards Daki and tilting her chin up with my fingertips, "how brave, yet how pitiful."

Daki shivers as I wipe the blood from her lips with a cold smile, and I see her eyes turn downwards in fear and adoration. How easy, truly. And they call themselves Upper moons.

"You don't need him," I whisper in her ear, "there are plenty of other fish in the sea."

I drop my hand and walk off with a grin and wave, leaving her face flushed and her cherry red lips quivering. I know she wants more of me, but isn't have my appeal the mystery and deception? What can I say, every villain loves a good play girl who knows how to break their heart. They get the love of their life, I get a valuable asset- it's a win win. You don't need strength to gain power, sometimes all you need is a few sweet talking skills and good looks.

I walk off into the crowds of Asakusa with an ornate crimson umbrella above me and a Sakura hair clip pinned to the side of my ebony black hair, looking out at the warm nightlights in the city. It's so jarringly peaceful, living an average human life for a day and getting away from Muzan.